by mrsstyles0149

Original Post

[OPEN] Weeding animation loops and weeds aren't removed

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.7.4400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Perfect patio stuff, Spa day, Cool kitchen stuff, Movie hangout stuff, Dine out, Kids room stuff, Vampires, Bowling night stuff, Parenthood, Toddlers stuff, Seasons, Island living, Snowa escape, Paranormal, Cottage kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait until plants needs weeding, try to remove weed
What happens when the bug occurs? As in the saying, weeding does not work since latest update. The weeding animation keeps repeating until aborting, regardless who or what gardening level tries weeding. Weed remains at its place. After restarting the game, weed is gone. When it reappears, it again can't become removed.
What do you expect to see? Weed goes away when weeding
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

See above

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 266 (24,547 Views)

Re: "Weeds does not pass"

Hero

@Zalo-Doran 

I play on PC but I've had this happen in the last 2 households I played too.  I did find a way to fix it.  I was using the tend plants options to take care of the garden.  For the plants that had the weeds that wouldn't go away, I tried using the weed option and that seemed to fix it.  So you might want to give that a try.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 266 (24,468 Views)

Re: "Weeds does not pass"

★★★★★ Apprentice

Nope, that didn't work, I've already tried it. It doesn't matter if they're weeding by hand or with the vacuum, single weeding, weeding area, tender plants, low level, high level or professional gardener. Thank you anyway.

Message 3 of 266 (24,453 Views)

Weed animation glitching or looping, unable to remove weeds

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure. I have werewolves installed and I got the most recent patch/SDX
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure, I guess by planting plants!
What happens when the bug occurs? The weeds do not get removed when I click weed area. I tried repairing the game and that did not work.
What do you expect to see? The weeds being removed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The werewolves patch was what was installed and afterwards I noticed the glitch.

Basically, I noticed today that some of my winter plants are getting weeds, as normal. When I try to weed them with my sims (one at level 10 gardening, the other at level 2), they don't seem to remove the weeds after the animation. The animation then loops and will not stop unless cancelled. I don't know how to fix it, I have only tried repairing my game, moving the plants outside/inside, but that does not seem to work. Once they are moved inside during non-winter seasons, the weeds return to the plant.

Message 4 of 266 (24,275 Views)

Weeds never go away

★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, outdoor retreat, paranormal, knitting, tiny living, laundry day, vintage glamour, kids room, movie hangout, spooky, cool kitchen, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If a plant grows weeds try to weed plants
What happens when the bug occurs? My plants show they need weeding but then sim constantly weeds the same plant with weeds never going away
What do you expect to see? Either the weeds disappear or the sim cancel the action
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim continuasly weeds plants and never stops just jumps between plants. Weeds never go away like normal. Everytime I go to harvest my plants they also disappear 

Message 5 of 266 (24,136 Views)

Re: Weeding animation loops and weeds aren't removed

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: Windows 11
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs; all Game Packs except Star Wars; all Stuff Packs except Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Backyard, Kids Room, and Toddler; no Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait until plants need weeding, try to remove weed
What happens when the bug occurs? Weeding does not work. The weeding animation keeps repeating until aborting, regardless of who tries weeding, or what gardening skill level they have. Weed remains in place. After restarting the game, the weed is gone, but then reappears, and still cannot be removed.
What do you expect to see? Weed goes away when weeding
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes. MCCC and a few others.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? It seems to be the most recent patch, or perhaps the way in which a mod is interacting with it. The issue is presenting with my most frequently played household, who had some plants that needed weeding when the latest patch came out.

Message 6 of 266 (23,594 Views)

Weeds will not go away no matter how many times I make my sim weed the plants

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, cats and dogs, get to work, dine out, Tiny living, dream home decorator, seasons,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try weeding the garden (oversized crops in my case)
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will continuously loop pulling/ vacuuming weeds but they never disappear.
What do you expect to see? Weeds being removed
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No matter what I try my sim will just constantly loop weeding the garden but the weeds never get removed. I thought maybe the game was saying they were removed but just not actually removing them but after days of not being able to remove weeds, my plants died.

Message 7 of 266 (23,572 Views)

Re: Weeds will not go away no matter how many times I make my sim weed the plant

★★★★★ Newbie

The same is happening to me. This never occurred until I decided to buy Seasons, Strangerville, and Tiny Living. It's a real bummer as it's not fun to play anymore.

Message 8 of 266 (23,131 Views)

★ Novice

Hey! I had this same issue where no matter how often my Sim weeded, the weed never disappeared. I tried moving the planter around and it didn't work. Then I turned move objects on, moved it and this time they were gone when I moved it back!

Message 9 of 266 (22,992 Views)

★★ Pro

Having this too. The weeding animations just keeps looping since the weeds never actually disappear so the sim keeps trying to do it over and over again. It happens for both high and low skill level sims and both in planters and without.

Message 10 of 266 (22,934 Views)