Weapon Lags when trying to heal or recharge shield

Anonymous

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? PSHYBYLOVICZ
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Araskiller, BestSenior
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wattson
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Caustic, Bangalore
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Inside Bunker (but the issue is happens on the whole map regardless where I am)
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I was recharging shields (but the same issue is when I am healing)
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Many
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 04.07.2019 15.16.12
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When I am recharging shield or healing I have a small amount of lag - it can be seen on the attached video, first the weapon lags (when it goes down) and the the battery (or medkit) lags. These miliseconds add up so I am in actuality healing slightly longer than I should.
What should be happening instead? There shouldn't be any lags while recharging or healing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game

There is an noticible lag when recharging shields or healing.

Video: https://youtu.be/nVOpvlpEpKY

Notice how weapon behaves it basically lags.

Message 1 of 6 (434 Views)

Re: Weapon Lags when trying to heal or recharge shield

Community Manager

@Anonymous 

Does it still do this if you right-click on the game in Origin and select "Repair?"

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (415 Views)

Anonymous

Yes, the issue is still there after repairing the game.

Message 3 of 6 (401 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Anonymous  Do you press the shield button many times?  This bug happens on Xbox One too. You just have to wait for the animation of the previous shield cell to end and then press 1 time to heal.
We want to heal fast by pressing the button constantly or near the end of the shield cell timer but then this bug occurs and prevents fast healing. :S

Message 4 of 6 (396 Views)

Anonymous

No, I press the button only once, then the weapons lags/stutters and then lowers and healing/charging begins.

Message 5 of 6 (376 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@AnonymousI just tested it on Xbox and when i'm pressing the button many times the weapon lags like in the video. But if you let the shield animation and timer to finish and press 1 time for shield cell then it won't lag. Anyway this bug should be fixed. It shouldn't lag even if we press the button many times.

Message 6 of 6 (341 Views)