Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1060 6GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on?
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 3
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Everywhere
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug All enemy weakpoints have the same damage multiplier. In the past, different weakpoints would have different multipliers. For instance, the sack of a Scorpion Worker was a 0.1 multipler and the Monitors head was a 2 multipler. Now every weakpoint for every enemy in every mode that I have tested appears to have the same multiplier of 0.5.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Shoot any enemy in a weakpoint and examine the damage numbers.
What happens when the bug occurs? Wrong damage.
What should be happening instead? Right damage.

All enemy weakpoints have the same damage multiplier. In the past, different weakpoints would have different multipliers. For instance, the sack of a Scorpion Worker was a 0.1 multipler and the Monitors head was a 2 multipler. Now, every weakpoint for every enemy in every mode that I have tested appears to have the same multiplier of 0.5.

Message 1 of 6 (812 Views)

Re: Weakpoint damage no longer varies across weakpoints

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @westdew, thanks for the report! Quick question what weapon did you notice it with and did you test with several weapons?

/Atic 

Message 2 of 6 (694 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I first noticed with Riza's Ripper. I tested most with Vassa's Surprise. I have also tested with Wyvern's Blitz.

Message 3 of 6 (688 Views)

EA DICE Team
@westdew Thanks for the update. Standard smile

When did you notice this changed from previous value?

/Atic
Message 4 of 6 (662 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I put two and two together and formally tested it only recently (last few days). I guess I first noticed in the first week of Icetide. My Riza's Ripper build felt very mediocre in HOR. I think I chalked it up to teammate differences and the build being overshadowed by all my new combo and ult damage inscriptions.

Message 5 of 6 (649 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I'm not sure the status of my bug report. I have since tested almost every enemy in the game. There are only 3 weakpoints I have found that don't deal the same exact damage (0.5 multiplier): the Monitor's head (1 multiplier), a popped Tyrant sack (0.75? multiplier), and the back of a Scar Destroyer (0.1 multiplier). There used to be many more. It's looking more to me like this might be an intentional change. I can't find a mention of changes to enemy weak point values in any of the patch notes. I have tests from 1.5 that suggest the change occurred with 1.6. But, I could be wrong. I'd love if you could confirm whether this is a bug or not. I'll move along if it isn't.
Message 6 of 6 (534 Views)