Re: Way to low drop rate for yellows.

by djsmix

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

People always complain about the drops rates for the best weapons in the game. The more I play different games the more it upsets me.

The drop rates are MEANT to be low. Like really low. Else you’d play just a week and get what you want. That’s waaaay to easy. These games are meant to be played for a long time to get enjoyment out of it. If you get everything you want, you’ll find no enjoyment when you have it. 

Message 61 of 66 (479 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You get guaranteed masterworks from the people contracts and the end of a stronghold, sooooo.....

Message 62 of 66 (478 Views)

★ Apprentice

You guys don't get it, and its obvious. I started replying on this thread on the opposite side of the fence with you. Now I'm with the majority. Components don't drop in GM1 anymore, like they used to. And if they do, I've literally ran over 50 strong holds and haven't seen a one (between now and yesterday, not an exaggeration). I can understand the bit about legendary items, they should be rare. But out of 25 stronghold runs i get 1 masterwork out of each run with only two outside the end of level reward.... that's awful. These are all masterworks i already have (gears and weapons). That being said, once you hit the high cap for GM1, there isn't a way to get you into the next threshold without you being a worthless piece of fodder (even as colossus - my main). The loot tables were honestly fine as they were. And then everyone whined. They upped them too much, and apparently nerfed them to oblivion.

Regardless of what y'all think, devs gotta listen to the majority, and the majority is voicing with the topic of the thread. Go check out reddit.

Message 63 of 66 (464 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's a looter shooter. The game stops giving you loot once you are masterworked out

Dont believe me? How many epics or rares are you going to equip to replace that masterwork?  right, none.

So rares and epics dont count as loot.

Now, count up the amount of masterworks you get in say, an 8 hour period. 10? Maybe, MAYBE 15 if you're lucky? Probably more like 8 or less, right?

And there are people like me. Who have actually only ever gotten a legendary during the times the loot drop rate was "bugged". Which in case you are wondering, means I have seen exactly two. One, the Titans Hail, was bugged, cause it didnt detonate combos as this was before that patch, and the second was an interceptor component, gear for a class that I absolutely have no interest in playing.

In 170+ hours of playing, one would think that maybe, I would have oh, one legendary equipped,  right? Or at least some decent rolled masterworks, like, oh, ult+damage, or armor% or something? Yeah, so if it has one of those, so far, it's got harvest bonus. Or 1% stats, or ammo for guns a colossus cant equip, or other useless stats.

Instead I'm stuck with 20%or less to things like ammo, or left/right bumper damage(those are almost all 5% or less on my build) or repair/ammo drop rate.

Tell me there's nothing wrong with that. I'm good in gm1, I can run and hide to harvest in gm2, but even wimpy mobs kick my butt near instantly in gm2, so how am I supposed to get better gear? Oh right, grind three strongholds and 3 contracts twice a day(once regular and once legendary) over. And over. And over. And over. And over.

Because getting masterworks in free play is a sick fantasy.

<sarcasm> but remember, theres nothing wrong with the loot system! </sarcasm>

Message 64 of 66 (457 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I want to slightly expand my previous comment about how "slightly increased" drop chance might again help me feel rewarded playing.
Now, I am 120 hours in game, no progress for 80 hours and I really started thinking about increasing drop chance could be really higher, while I was always against it as legendaries should be still rare.
... but if increased drop chance is the key, then how big increase and ... at what difficulty tier? I came to conclusion, that BioWare is holding the drop rate low, because if they increased it, we will get a ton of legendaries on GM3.
Why? Because what is the biggest problem of current design of the loot in Anthem? Yes, it is bad inscriptions, bad stats, bad rolls basically, but what? But even worse problem is, we have chance for item drop from any enemy! Just because all enemies share the same loot table as bosses doesn't have a separated drop table with mw/legendaries!
So any enemy can drop item of basically any rarity, now they changed it on GM1 to blue and better, which players are salvaging since hitting full mw.
Separating and expanding boss/legendary/elite enemy drop tables could increase players willingness for going to kill bosses/strongholds, while enables possibility for a slight increase of drop chance on all difficulty tiers to reward players for playing.
Message 65 of 66 (439 Views)

Betreff: Way to low drop rate for yellows.

★★★★ Novice

go to the least developed javelin. delete the set. restart the game. create a set.for this javelin.

thus you force the game to restruct pilot data. droprate will be better.

Message 66 of 66 (408 Views)