Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number nVidia GTX 1080 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Stronghold
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? All types of freeplay, strongholds or mission. From GM1 to GM3.
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 1
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Colossus
What was your Expedition team makeup? Mix of the above
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. All types of gameplay in javelin.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 09.03.2019
Summarize your bug Way to low loot drops.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play through 10 Strongholds and see how much fun it is to get 3-4 MWs in total.
What happens when the bug occurs? You don't recieve any legendaries and only a few MWs.
What should be happening instead? More loot.

Two times the droprate have been good. The rest of the time I feel that we get to few yellows, and in short periods to few MWs as well. There is almost none incentive for me to play the game anymore. I'm fully stacked with MWs, and after playing 5 hours today without any drop of legendaries for anyone in my group, we gave up. It's the same in GM1 (98% purple), GM2 (95% purple) and GM3 (94% purple). 

Please fix this. It's actually the most important thing in a looter shooter. 

Just in-case anyone is keeping track I have gotten 10 in about 150 hours.

So to me the drop rate seems almost okay-ish... the real problem for me is Legs are super disappointing because there's no way to re-roll or adjust the stats in anyway. Most of the time even if you do get one to drop, they are garbage.

Message 41 of 66 (630 Views)

Re: Way to low drop rate for yellows.

★ Apprentice

Nice to have a respectful conversation. Yeah... grinding is an unfortunate aspect of these types of games that people don't want to acknowledge. The chance on inscriptions needs to be narrowed down... I'm not sure how their system works, so I wont attempt to speak on it. When you take that into account, they need to increase the loot to outweigh the fact that the inscriptions are trash. Why do I want a repair amount on a legendary weapon? Why do I want repair amount at all?

Message 42 of 66 (627 Views)

★★ Novice
Agree - the switch on server side to increase the droprate needs to stay on.
This is a looter shooter, and the design of the characters loadouts is supposedly to experiment with builds. There are a number of things wrong with the evolution of the loot.
1. MW and Legendary have the same bonuses on them, e,g, like the heavy pistol, 200% extra damage while hovering. Why?
If the MW has 200%, the Legendary should have 250-300% extra damage, and/or another bonus feature, perhaps increased fire rate. This is just 1 example, MW and Legendary weapons need to be differentiated more than just the level number of the weapon that singularly buffs damage.
2. Loot needs to evolve. The drop rate was good while ranking up and going through the story. After hitting top rank this is where things needed to be mixed up. Loot needed to be buffed on the drop rate because now we are playing a different game, not just ranking but now optimising and when there is one major inscription on a MW or Legendary and 4 minor inscriptions those of which are randomised a major paradigm shift is made in loot acquisition looking for great inscriptions for what build you are creating. This is the same shift that the well known Diablo 3 encountered and also The Division (they also had recalibration) and Destiny/Destiny 2 found it needed to do. I don't understand why studios do not get this shift.

I appreciate the complexity of building a game that will continue to engage players. By the look of the game you have specifically factored experimentation of builds by giving us different iterations within each javelin but now this needs to be evident in the loot.

Turn that server side switch on again to increase the loot drops and people will stay to build for hundreds of hours and by then new content will keep them as well as the hope of new inscriptions and loot to shift gears to build the all powerful javelin we are wanting.
Message 43 of 66 (621 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I got lucky the 1 legendary that dropped for me is actually way better than the epic it replaced and from the masterworks I’ve seen it looks better too. But that really should be a given. 

As you say grind is a given, but I’d think legendary contracts should give 1-2 masters at least at gm1, for those of us with older hands we need MW’s to consider doing gm2. 

Maybe be if they sort the disconnect issues I’ll try strongholds tonight too Standard smile

Message 44 of 66 (617 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was getting 2-3 MW per stronghold run, 60-90 min of free play,  and Legendary contracts. After the latest patch, I am seeing, if I am lucky i get at most 1 MW from each of the previously mentioned activities.

I think both of my legendaries came from the accidental loot increase.so I I have yet to earn one of these in the wild. Currently getting burnt out, no good loot dropping, no fun cosmetics, I feel I got my $85 dollars worth, but I dont foresee me dumping too much time into this because it is just not worth the investment anymore. 

Message 45 of 66 (601 Views)

★ Novice
I think the issue is they stealth nerfed MW drops from roughly 10 percent to 1.5 percent in GM1 freeplay. I had same opinion as you until I saw post patch numbers its 1.5 with random trash mobs now having 0 percent to drop mw. I do all events, n titans fill up 6 rows since I reached GM level its a drastic nerf.
Message 46 of 66 (595 Views)

★ Apprentice

164 hours in, still only the one useless legendary with rolls for 3 different gun types.

Glad that xbox tracks my hours played :P

Sure hope you guys all think I'm simply being showered with loot here, it's been about 10 played hours since I saw a masterwork as well.

For a looter shooter, im doing a whole lotta shooting for zero loot. Once you are masterworked out, epics dont even count as loot anymore.

I dont wanna be swimming in loot. But I would LOVE the chance to actually even have a reason to look at stuff before wishing I could just one button dismantle everything in my pack, or even have it be automatic.

Message 47 of 66 (594 Views)

Re: Way to low droprate for yellows.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Carle-it Yeah, you got all those legendaries BEFORE they nerfed the shet out of the drop rate.

Message 48 of 66 (593 Views)

★ Novice

i wish you guys quit crying for real . i literally had like 11 hours an had 6 legendaries drop . you guys need to know how to farm. You guys just want * handed to you. most of you guys exploited the game anyways so why should they change this ratio? Seriously. but of * cry babies.

Message 49 of 66 (578 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Fix the loot, make the epics same level as mw, but keep mw unique with 4 stats and bonus. Open up the map, I can see there is more to it, give us more content, more of everything, more rewards, more incentive to play and grind casually and hardcore. For Christ's sake man, looter shooter !!!! Please....

Message 50 of 66 (566 Views)