Re: Way to low droprate for yellows.

by timp2700

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I’m playing gm1 have been for almost a week, pre patch it was fine post patch it’s not again not arguing about legendary I think they should be hard.

I’m asking for devs to be honest about the nerfs, where they intended or an accident of the no white green drop mod?

How has your drop rate been since yesterday’s patch?

I was fine with it till then I’ll put in a few hours tonight and see if my “luck” improves but I really don’t have the time to grind for zero reward.

played 4 legendary contracts yesterday got 3 masterworks total (all components) 1 for a different javelin and 2 universal so zip use to me. 

Message 31 of 66 (595 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been playing this game on release and I've been in GM1 for over a week now and I literally have gotten 1 legendary just 1!!!!

Message 32 of 66 (588 Views)

★ Apprentice

That's the issue, and my point. It's all based on a drop rate. The only way you're going to see consistent drop rate is with a loot chance about 75% (estimate, total speculation). When the drop rate for something is low, it's a matter of odds. Just like anything else in life, your odds are improved with more attempts (terrible example, because the improvement is so minimal, but the lottery).

When you have a bad streak of luck, just keep going or let the game alone. Expecting loot from every single instance is entirely unrealistic and defeats the purpose of even having drop rates all together.

To answer your question, the instance where I had two legendary items was post 1.05. I will admit one problem I saw that was infuriating, which was when a legendary item dropped while I was playing my storm... and it was for the interceptor, which I don't even play... and to make it worse, it had an inscription for autocannon ammo... which the interceptor can't even use.

Message 33 of 66 (586 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@timp2700 wrote:

If drop rate is such an issue, gear your javelin to have luck inscriptions. There's already an answer for your problem within the game itself, and you're reporting a common mechanic, that isn't bugged, as a bug.

I don't know what to tell you. Play GM1 and up, and the gear drop rate goes up. Yeah, I've had days where I get masterworks rained on me, and even two legendary items in the same instance. It's a matter of luck. Other days, I've played all day and seen no MWs and no legendary items. You know what I did? Kept playing.

I'm not sure i agree with you timp2700. I do agree that legendary items should be rare and not a common drop, but I think that the way it is now it's a little bit to low in general. When you are fully MW geared and 20+ hours of gaming dosen't give you any progress - well, the game actually lose it's fun. 

In total I have gotten 4 different legendaries, one of them which I can use on my main javelin. Others have played the same amount of hours or more than me, and still waiting for their first. After the patch I startet to gear up for luck, and I now possess 3 items with a total around +90% luck. Diden't give me any more drop though :/

Message 34 of 66 (585 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just the amount of people in here that complain about the drop rates is just staggering. I know you guys don't want to hear it, but I respectfully disagree. I think the drop rates are fine, and encourage the end game grind mentality (which I realize people hate, but if you truly enjoy a game and its mechanics... you overlook it for the joy of the game play). It's an effort / reward factor. I don't feel any sense of reward sorting through 20 legendary items that I got within the span of an hour. Even a day. Excalibur was a legendary sword possessed by King Arthur. There was only one. Thus the term "Legendary". There wasn't two. If we're going to make it so they are so common, we need to do away with the term "Legendary", because what you're asking of the devs defeats the meaning of the label.

Message 35 of 66 (581 Views)

Re: Way to low drop rate for yellows.

★★ Novice

Not taking inscriptions into account I think the drop rate is still a bit low. Bringing inscriptions into account it is way too low. Look I get that its rare, but I feel like my time isn't respected at all. I have I think 5 legendaries, and yet I only use one since the inscriptions on them are far worse than my masterwork ones. Granted this is mostly because I can craft masterwork items so I can get more chances on a good inscription for an item I want. Of course the one legendary I do use is a component, which I cannot craft masterworks of and generally don't have fantastic inscriptions anyway.... I have 110 hours in the game.

Message 36 of 66 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Well, I feel that's a little Loot vs Difficulty thing. When GM2 and GM3 is this hard (time consuming) as it is right now, the only solution I see on short time is to have a higher drop rate for legendaries. Let me explain. If there was a gradual climb upwards to GM3:

- Purple at GM1 --> geared enough to GM2

- MWs at GM2  --> gearing for GM3

- Only MWs at GM3, chance for legendaries --> grinding

With this model, I would feel that we had an incentive to keep grinding gear. The gear level and difficulty dosen't scale that well at the momement, something that makes it super time consuming to even attempt to play GM2 and GM3. I will not say that I have done a lot in GM3, but I have occationaly done som GM2. I feel that drop rates are quite equal, but this I do not have any data on. But for me, it seems like GM1 is more rewarding.

I do have quite a lot of experience from other looter shooters, and I do feel that Anthem like it is now have a lower top tier drops than other games I have played. It might be just me, but when the progress completely stops - the fun is kinda gone for me. Maybe the problem is that gear in general (MWs) drop to early, and you get really close to having the best gear ingame to early? 

@kolop97 Yeah, the inscriptions are really something. Makes it even harder, which another member at Reddit already have calculated.

Message 37 of 66 (574 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Grinding only works if you get a reward at the end of it. At the moment this doesn’t have that feeling, it’s just dumb luck.

And if it’s 0.05% drop for legendary then it doesn’t improve every roll, it’s that every time they check. I’d like to see what the drop rates are. 

For reference I play the original Everquest for 4 years so get grind. 

Message 38 of 66 (573 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well... it doesn't matter what I think at the end of the day. Everyone except two people in this thread have said it's not high enough. The devs have to listen to the majority.

I do agree with the fact that if you take inscriptions into account and having desirable ones... yeah... its way too low. I can't argue with that.

Message 39 of 66 (563 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Well, we at least agree that you are supposed to grind in at looter shooter. Exactly how much work it requires to accomplish the gear you seek for is individual, and I respect that you like the level it is on right now. I wish I liked it at this level as well Standard smile

Message 40 of 66 (561 Views)