Re: Watching ads

by DaniTSMom

Original Post

Watching ads

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Note 20
OS Version Android 11
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When watching Ads to receive a bonus fir completed event.
What do you expect to see? When Ad completes, there should be an "x" to exit and then you collect reward.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I keep getting Ads for Royal Match and almost all of these never show the "x" to collect the reward bonus after watching. I have to close the game and reopen. 

I tried hitting the back arrow on my screen menu as well, but didn't work. I am aware these ads can run long, but these haven't given me the "x" even after a few minutes. 

I took screenshots to see if I still got the reward when closing game, but I did not. I had just finished a long relationship. I will attach screenshots. 

Message 1 of 15 (2,087 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had it happen with another Ad too! 

Message 2 of 15 (2,008 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had this issue with four ads yesterday and have since quit watching ads altogether. Here are some screenshots of the ads, all of these shots are of the screen that appears after the 30-second timer has ended.
You'll notice none of the ads have "X"s to close, they also would send me to the advertised apps play store page if I pressed anything. The Phase 10 ad did not have an "X" just like the rest, however, it did have an information button allowing me to see which 3rd party served the ad. I had to close out of the game every time and I received no rewards for watching.

Screenshot_20210807-181939_The Sims.jpgScreenshot_20210807-183727_The Sims.jpgScreenshot_20210808-180540_The Sims.jpgScreenshot_20210808-203932_The Sims.jpg

Message 3 of 15 (1,999 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem since yesterday. It started after I got an error message saying The Sims mobile was having problems with Google Play services. Not sure if that's relevant but thought it might help. 

Message 4 of 15 (1,969 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @medeaeinalia, @DaniTSMom, @DancingHippy137 ! This was reported to the ads team, I was informed that a fix for these ads was made. Do you guys still have it? Thanks!

Message 5 of 15 (1,946 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yesterday I started having a new problem. The ads were not playing at all. I could still see my Sims screen but it was as if I was in camera mode to take a picture as all menu type items were gone. I could see my Sims moving around but could not tap the screen. I had to hit the back button on my phone in order to exit this. 

I believe I received my main reward but not the extra reward for watching the ad (though an ad didn't play and I just had the blank screen as described).

Message 6 of 15 (1,911 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @DaniTSMom! Could you record your screen so we can investigate? Also could you DM me your player id? Thanks!

Message 7 of 15 (1,900 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_DragonsEye 

I sent you a message with a link to a screen recording.

I just had it happen twice tonight. 

I actually lost all Simoleons, not just the bonus! 😢

I tried to close game and restart, but I didn't get ads again after the restart yet to see if this helped. 

Message 8 of 15 (1,832 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_DragonsEye 

I sent you another message with link to another screen recording. 

I keep having this new glitch happening a lot. I am going to stop watching ads now for bonuses because I am losing way too many Simoleons and even lost tokens I should have earned from a treasure hunt event I had completed and even used cupcakes on to reduce time. 

I really hope this can get fixed soon!

Message 9 of 15 (1,792 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_DragonsEye Still having this issue, usually happens every time I try to watch an ad.
For me personally, this has only happened with ads served by "AppLovin" and sometimes there will be a small button in the upper left corner with two arrows pointing to the right. When it is pressed, another screen displays showing an image and a green button with the word "GET" on it. I'm not sure how long, but if you wait several seconds, another button pops up in the upper right corner with an "X" to close out. Some ads have been missing buttons completely, some of them do not open the "info page" and only take the viewer to the app's Google Play page.
All in all, my experiences with these particular ads have been tedious and long so I usually don't bother to try ads more than twice a day.
Please let me know if you need any more screenshots, sometimes I succeed at pressing the info button, and every time it has shown me "AppLovin" as the 3rd party.
Message 10 of 15 (1,778 Views)