Wasting Apex Pack?

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce GTX 1050
Enter RAM memory size in GB 2 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? BarnesFlam
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. I clicked on the "1 Apex Pack remaining" pop-up
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to open an Apex Pack
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.07.2019 ~17:30 GMT+1
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? So, one of my friends and I played a match in Ranked but I realized only mid-game that I was suffering from a severe lagging issue. Needless to say in that state, my squad was quickly eliminated. But that was enough to complete a BP challenge and reach level 12, offering me an Apex Pack. I obviously decide to stop playing Apex until I'm able to fix my lag issue, but I didn't close the game yet, as I wanted to open my Apex Pack. Turns out that was a big mistake because as soon as I clicked, my screen froze even before the pack appeared on screen, it was stuck on the blue-ish background. It stayed that for a few seconds before I choose to close the game manually. A few minutes later, as I think my lag issue went away, I relaunched the game: I suddenly see that the Apex Pack was opened but I don't have any notification about what I received. I check quickly through my armory, but I can't recognize any items I would have now unlocked. So I'm seriously wondering if my lag issue didn't make that Apex pack go to waste. Is there a way to check If I truly received something or not?
What should be happening instead? I should have received stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Extremely specific, I don't think it can be repeated

Message 1 of 7 (634 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wasting Apex Pack?

I've noticed they included quite a lot of Apex Packs around level 10 to 20 in the BP, so that is at least nice!

Because of the lagg, I assume you have restarted the game already (including origin) to fix it. If not, please try that one (or just restart PC).

If you already did that or nothing changes, then I think there is no good solution here. You might instead wanna try to contact EA support here.

Although, I am not sure if they are able to reward you the Apex pack, but you could give it a try!

Good luck!

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (595 Views)

All Replies

Hello @BarnesFlam and thanks for reporting this. Seems really specific indeed!

By any chance, did the challenge or battlepass level also reset back? Is it possible to earn the apex pack again? Maybe the game didn't save it properly because of all the lag.

Message 2 of 7 (602 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello!

No, the battlepass level did not reset back. And it doesn't seems I can earn that BP lvl12's Apex Pack again, even though I got another pack at lvl14.

Message 3 of 7 (600 Views)

I've noticed they included quite a lot of Apex Packs around level 10 to 20 in the BP, so that is at least nice!

Because of the lagg, I assume you have restarted the game already (including origin) to fix it. If not, please try that one (or just restart PC).

If you already did that or nothing changes, then I think there is no good solution here. You might instead wanna try to contact EA support here.

Although, I am not sure if they are able to reward you the Apex pack, but you could give it a try!

Good luck!

Message 4 of 7 (596 Views)

★★ Novice

Contacted the EA support. They did help me fix further my lag issues but sadly there is no currently a way to retrieve the Apex Pack.

Thank you anyway!

Message 5 of 7 (559 Views)

No problem Wink

Good luck and have fun!

Message 6 of 7 (527 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I literally just had this happen to me but it just happened when i got to level 50 on the battle pass which is.... the legendary one. RIP. Exact same thing as you described happened. Clicked open on the apex pack and the animation was working up until the final "beam" that the apex pack shows ( which of course was the legendary one.) Screen Froze. uh....... okay. I hear the items coming up with the sound. I am able to hover over the "equip now" button (which is hidden below the frozen screen and have it recognize and make the noise when my mouse is over it. I still cant do anything so I decide to close the game and restart it so hopefully i can see what my items were that I got. Login..... Nothing. No symbol for "1 Apex pack to open" so it must mean that the game registered that I opened it right? ....... No. Checked my inventory. No "NEW" items there at all. went through every page to see if theres anything i dont recognize. Nothing. No items. I checked my Battlepass progress and it says that I received my level 50 award. 

This sucks. 

Tried contacting support already and they said they are going to have a research team review it. 

Hopefully they get back to me and are able to reinstate my award. 

Message 7 of 7 (487 Views)