by vs6873288

Original Post

Washed out Colors in Season 7

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? bigme10
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. character select
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. just loading the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 11/04/20
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? downloaded season 7 and noticed all the colors are washed out.
What should be happening instead? normal colors
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure, none of my friends are experiencing the issue.

Just downloaded season 7 and noticed that all the colors are washed out. I just finished playing season 6 and colors were perfect. I am using a Sony 900e tv to to play with an HDMI connection. I am having to increase all contrast, color, and saturation on the TV just so the game is kind of playable, but all other games look horrible due to the tv settings. I've tried deleting the game and reinstalling it but that didn't fix it.  Please help

Thanks

Message 2 of 7 (1,677 Views)

Washed out Colors Only in Game

★★ Novice

Playing on Xbox and having major problems with the colors being completely washed out. Im playing on a Sony 900e tv and I've never had this issue before in previous seasons. I've read I'm not the only one with this issue. No settings have been changed from season 6. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled it but still had the same issue.  I have had to mess with the contrast, brightness, colors and saturation on the tv just so it looks playable. but all other games are looking horrible due to settings. Hopefully someone has insight on this.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (1,648 Views)

Re: Washed out Colors in Season 7

★★★ Newbie
@vs6873288 I am dealing with the same exact issue. It looks dull almost like the map is very smokey
Message 3 of 7 (1,657 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here! Nobody is mentioning this. Ruins the Apex experience for me atm. Frown

Message 4 of 7 (1,600 Views)

Re: Washed out Colors Only in Game

★★★ Newbie

Hey bro,i have the same issue ,took me forever to get signed on here,anyways i also have a sony tv and soundbar what i do to fix it ,is turn my tv off and back on,i hope ea fixes this because its only happening on apex and after the season 7 update! Its a weird issue just like season 5 had that buzzing noise that they never fixed but eventually went away with a new season!

Message 5 of 7 (1,569 Views)

★★ Novice

Was having the same problem and was super annoyed, but found out it was not the Apex game, but my TV. Also not sure if they fixed something yesterday... annyway I found out my Samsun TV settings got reset when Season 7 launched... not sure how. Noticed the Gamma and color were not as I left them last time I customized them for the game... lucky me I had screenshots of how I had them and now all is back to normal!

Hope this helps

Message 6 of 7 (1,463 Views)

★★ Novice

Also as someone else stated, un-checking the HDR 10 checkbox on the Video settings on the console, fixed the issue right away because my TV would go back to the previous settings.

So I guess it totally hs to do with something changing on the game with HDR 10 on the last update. But it is not something bad it is actually better, we just did not know what was going on.

So either uncheck the HDR 10 to go back to your previous video settings or leave it on (better) and just check/tweak them again (check gamma and contrast) now the game looks amazing

Message 7 of 7 (1,461 Views)