Re: Wants never change and can't be deleted

by willparkinson

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I've got probably a dozen different characters I'm playing, and none of their wants change unless I complete it. Some of them, like having a child, I'm not ready to do, but I can't get rid of it at all. Same thing happens on all characters, with each want that I've seen. They don't time out, nor do they allow me to remove them manually.

Message 31 of 40 (1,441 Views)

Hero
@willparkinson and to be sure: you're running a vanilla game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 40 (1,437 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If by 'vanilla' you mean only the core game, no.

I have Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, and the Toddler Stuff pack.

I don't have any kind of mods or anything beyond what Sims 4 came with.

Message 33 of 40 (1,429 Views)

Hero
@willparkinson Vanilla is used for games without mods/cc :D

Since you don't have HSY, are you positive that they couldn't simply be re-rolling the same ones ?

They should change when you sleep

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 40 (1,424 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

They do indeed change upon sleep. I never noticed it, because my vampires don't sleep. Thank you so much!

Message 35 of 40 (1,420 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@willparkinson I thought there were other instances where they change. I know it's not on travelling they are not supposed to do that also not when reloading.

I'll do some testing

EDIT: Napping doesn't seem to work but I didn't do a full nap. There's also a potion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 40 (1,412 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just did a full nap, and they didn't change. But that's the fun of experimenting!

Message 37 of 40 (1,399 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I find this particularly frustrating that the inability to delete Wants was removed from the game. I can see not being able to dismiss Fears, as that ads a nice challenge element!

My child Sim has the Genius trait, and the want "Solve Hard Problems" is always there, it never changes, and no Other Wants are added to the zone. Children can't perform this action - I've checked every Social branch and cannot find it. Same as her Child brother, who has the Loves The Outdoors trait, wants to Enthuse About The Outdoors, but doesn't have this in any of his social menus - Although for him, it does occasionally show up in the quick options and it can then be fulfilled.

Message 38 of 40 (1,383 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@minisSims I've also seen both. My current sim is a glutton and she gets the want to eat snacks. I have her get a quick meal (I've tried several) but it never fulfills. The wants have only disappeared when the sim goes off the lot. :/
Message 39 of 40 (1,383 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

If you're seeing issues with wants not being fulfilled, please create a new bug report so we can look into that- you'll need to create a separate bug report for each specific want.

As for wants not being dismissible- this is working as designed, there is no option to dismiss wants. If you'd like to provide feedback on this new system, feel free to create a post on the General Discussion & Feedback boards here and we'll take a look.

solaire.png

Message 40 of 40 (7,719 Views)