Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wants never change

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Packs : tout sauf Années Lycée Packs de jeu : Etre parents / Vampires / Au restaurant / détente au spa / Destination nature kits d'objets : Mini-maisons / jour de lessive / fitness / soirée bowling / accessoires vintage / en plein air / jardin romantique / comme au cinema / en cuisine / ambiance patio / soirées de luxe
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just try to delete a want of your sim. Previously, you had a pin and a cross to delete it, now there's juste a pin. Prevously, a want which was not realialized dissapear after some time. Now they stay.
What happens when the bug occurs? The want stay always present : never dissapear, and can't be deleted. If the sim can't realize it, you'll keep it definitively. when you have 3, you can't play with wnts anymore. My sim is a vampire, she've the "glouton" caracteristic, and she can't eat human food. She receive a want to eat rapid food. She can't do it, as it's not fulfill when she try, and she can't finish the food without running to the toilet.
What do you expect to see? 1) The wants dissapear when it's not fulfill after some time, or when the life situation of the sim evolve. 2) The cross to be able to discard a want that cannot be fullfilled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Attached a sccreen of the wants zone, with the cursor (not visible) on a want. You can see the pin, but it would also appear a cross to discard the want.

Edit : Ok, there's a type of wants (the third) that still dissapears in some conditions. But the new types (first and second wants) don't. And some are impossible to realize : I've now a young adult who wants to ask his mother to become his girlfriend !

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, changed title to make about wants never changing. It's not a bug that you can't delete them.

Message 1 of 40 (7,722 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wants never change and can't be deleted

Community Manager

Hey all,

If you're seeing issues with wants not being fulfilled, please create a new bug report so we can look into that- you'll need to create a separate bug report for each specific want.

As for wants not being dismissible- this is working as designed, there is no option to dismiss wants. If you'd like to provide feedback on this new system, feel free to create a post on the General Discussion & Feedback boards here and we'll take a look.

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 40 of 40 (7,763 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@lafunambule Same here!
Do you also have a problem with the Sim wanting to separate from those she/he loves? Or that the wish comes true, but the bubble doesn't go away and Sim continues to wish the same thing endlessly...?
Message 2 of 40 (7,684 Views)

Hero
@lafunambule I don't think it's a bug that you're not able to delete them. They should change on their own though. I haven't paid much attention when mine change but they do.

The GF/BF has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Wants-Fears-Sim-wants-to-ask-his-twin-sister-to-be-his-GF/td-p...

I think you should make a separate report for the vampire eating food want cause that just sounds like a bad want.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 40 (7,665 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not being able to dismiss wants in itself is not technically a bug, but it removes expected game functionality and makes it impossible to work around that which is a bug.  One can try disabling and re-enabling wants to 'refresh' the current wants, but even that is hit-and-miss.  If the 'dismiss' button on 'wants' (previously 'whims') is restored, the game will be both restored to expected functionality and have a built-in workaround for... well, unwanted wants.  Honestly, the original 'whims' system worked well enough as it was, and making major alterations to it to the point of breaking it entirely is just another example of EA making changes just for the sake of change.  In other words: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Message 4 of 40 (7,635 Views)

★★★ Novice

If this is the new approach of the wants, then something must be done to avoid bad wants, wants that cannot be realized, because the game don't autorize the player to do this.

For example, it's impossible for a son to have romantic interactions with his mum (not verified, but I hope so !), so what can the player do with a want like "Ask ..... (your mother) to become your girlfriend" ? This is a want (in the first place of the three) that stay for I don't know exactly how many sims days for one of my sims, but even if I would I technically can't do this ! So how many time will it stay at this place and block all others realisable wants ?

It's really not a good thing to gain reward points and obtain new characteristic for the sims !

Message 5 of 40 (7,599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Lovyana wrote:

Not being able to dismiss wants in itself is not technically a bug, but it removes expected game functionality and makes it impossible to work around that which is a bug.  One can try disabling and re-enabling wants to 'refresh' the current wants, but even that is hit-and-miss.  If the 'dismiss' button on 'wants' (previously 'whims') is restored, the game will be both restored to expected functionality and have a built-in workaround for... well, unwanted wants.  Honestly, the original 'whims' system worked well enough as it was, and making major alterations to it to the point of breaking it entirely is just another example of EA making changes just for the sake of change.  In other words: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I agree, I miss the functionality! You can't "X" out (dismiss) any whims you don't want anymore. How annoying. The devs don't mention this change on the game updates page when they talk about fears/whims. You can only pin, unpin or ignore them. One I tried to pin wouldn't allow it and disappeared inexplicably without having the whim met or awarding points (the "have a child" want).

Message 6 of 40 (7,556 Views)

★ Guide

I had a want that I couldn't fulfill but also couldn't dismiss (since this option is gone now). My Sim had the want "Look at the Brightside". However I had no option to do that (I assume it is supposed to be in the Sim's context menu). My Sim's mood went from cheerful (or happy, forgot which) to fine, however the want stayed and there was still no way to fulfill that want. Only when I sent the Simt to sleep the want went away.

That said not being able to dismiss wants like the old whims interfers with storytelling, in my opinion. Sometimes I want to control the narrative and when my Sim has a want to befriend someone ( for example) who is - in my narrative - supposed to be their enemy I should have the option to get rid of this Want. Whims had the advantage that I could use the randomness factor they provided OR choose not to and click them away.

Message 7 of 40 (7,460 Views)

Hero
@Naodyr If you're getting unfulfillable wants it's best if you create a separate bug report for just that want.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 40 (7,451 Views)

★★★ Newbie

in my game their wants disappear sometimes but there's more problems: i had two sims and they romanced each other so they each had a want to "ask (the other one) to be boyfriend". I did, and they became boyfreinds, but the want didn't get fulfilled, even tho I did fulfill it. It sometimes disappears but comes back on a regular basis. Also, my Sims *always* have a fear. It is so annoying I had to shut the whole whishes off.

Message 9 of 40 (7,432 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I want the old system back Frown This one is so annoying. Why did they change that?

Message 10 of 40 (7,412 Views)