by Duskkitt3

Original Post

[Closed. See Last Post For More Info] Wants and Fears Toggle/Glitched Vet UI

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have realm of magic, pets, get to work, werewolves, and cottage living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a game with wants and fears on and play as though they aren't there. Once you get the unfulfilled dreams fear, turn them off.
What happens when the bug occurs? The fear still impacts your sims decisions in the game, and will glitch out your game by affecting the appearance and actions of the game. For instance, the examine pet menu glitched out and appeared light greyish blue with no exam progress bar, no rows that symptoms will appear in, a half filled blue stress meter, and the icon for the fear instead of the pets profile. It becomes almost impossible to play get to work with the affected sim, as they will cancel the exam action as soon as the pet gets on the table, and they have a chance of cancelling it in the middle of the exam if you manage to get them to exam the pet at all.
What do you expect to see? When wants and fears are disabled, they should no longer affect the game, and certainty not glitch out the GUI and make get to work impossible to play.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game. Also, I disabled wants and fears

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have realm of magic, pets, get to work, werewolves, and cottage living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a game with wants and fears on and play as though they aren't there. Once you get the unfulfilled dreams fear, turn them off.
What happens when the bug occurs? The fear still impacts your sims decisions in the game, and will glitch out your game by affecting the appearance and actions of the game. For instance, the examine pet menu glitched out and appeared light greyish blue with no exam progress bar, no rows that symptoms will appear in, a half filled blue stress meter, and the icon for the fear instead of the pets profile. It becomes almost impossible to play get to work with the affected sim, as they will cancel the exam action as soon as the pet gets on the table, and they have a chance of cancelling it in the middle of the exam if you manage to get them to exam the pet at all.
What do you expect to see? When wants and fears are disabled, they should no longer affect the game, and certainty not glitch out the GUI and make get to work impossible to play.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game. Also, I disabled wants and fears

So, I updated my game and forgot to turn off wants and fears. I realized this when my sim got a fear of unfulfilled dreams, and disabled it in settings. At first, this fixed it, but problems quickly started forming. My sim owns their own vet clinic, and recently started repeatedly auto cancelling the "Examine Pet" action right as they step on the exam table. After fighting with the auto cancelling, I finally got them to do it. However, instead of the pet's profile showing up in the exam GUI, the icon of the unfulfilled dreams fear was there instead. There were no blank rows that would eventually be filled up with the pet's symptoms or the green bar that shows how much you have progressed with the exam, and the whole thing was a pale pastel blue instead of the usual white. The stress meter was slightly filled with a light blue. This lasted for a few seconds before it returned to normal, so I wasn't able to screenshot it. I checked my sims traits and saw that the fear of unfulfilled dreams was still slightly there. There was no text, and just the icon. Hovering over it left a blank bubble. I tried removing the trait using cheats, but that didn't work, either because my Dyslexia made me misspell the cheat code or because the Sims team didn't remember to add a command to remove it. The exam was somewhat normal after that, but suddenly in the middle of it the exam table went down and the action was auto cancelled. After fighting with my sim for a bit more, I managed to get it to come up again and now I am typing this.

honestly I'm not surprised one bit this is happening due to all the other quirks going on with the update. I am reporting this in hopes that the sims team will patch this along with the other errors in their next update.

This whole thing reminds me of an internet creepy pasta, with the messed up exam gui and everything. 

I've attached a photo of the sims traits showing the glitched out fear.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 5 (5,227 Views)

Re: Wants and fears are not turning off properly when disabled in settings

Hero
@Duskkitt3 The vet screen bugging out is an old issue. I'm guessing it just bugged out differently.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CD-Vet-Bar-looks-weird/td-p/9989095

I would turn wants/fears on again and then take care of the fear and then turn it off.

The wandering off is also not a new issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Pets-resetting-off-exam-tables-in-vet-career/td-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (5,187 Views)

Re: Wants and fears are not turning off properly when disabled in settings

★★★ Novice

I want to update, the vet GUI glitch happened again and I was able to screenshot it. This time the color scheme is normal though. I also should probably mention that my ghost sim affected by the glitch died via meteorite, because I've seen screenshots of the death by meteorite trait being replaced by the glitched out fear.

Message 3 of 5 (5,139 Views)

Re: Wants and Fears still affecting game when turning off/Glitched Vet UI

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Duskkitt3this is happening to me, its so frustrating i hate fears so much i want wants and fears to be seperate too. ea has ruined their game (i turned it on and back off and its working for now i just hope it doesnt do that everytime i go on but i did just repair and update my game so maybe thats why it glitched out.)

Message 4 of 5 (4,357 Views)

Re: Wants and Fears still affecting game when turning off/Glitched Vet UI

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello All,

If you're still seeing this issue now please use one of the two threads below:

[OPEN] Wants/Fears toggle stops working after travelling

[CD] Vet Bar looks weird

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5 (1,746 Views)