by babsi17_8

Original Post

[OPEN] Wants: Same Sex Couple Wants To Try For Baby

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Discover University, Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Same Sex Couple (married), both with "get pregnant" as gender specification in CAS (default)
What happens when the bug occurs? My married sim, who is a woman (with default gender options for women), wants to try for a baby with her wife even though it's not possible.
What do you expect to see? Maybe instead to adopt a baby?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

simsbug2.jpg

this bug had been reported under https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-Whims-Same-sex-Couple-Wants-to-Try-For-Baby/m-p/84384... but has been archived since whims are now wants.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (4,913 Views)

Re: Wants: Same Sex Couple Wants To Try For Baby

★★★★ Guide

I'm having exactly the same issue:

.example.png

Message 2 of 13 (4,724 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Me, too.

i usually just set one to impregnate/get pregnant and do it that way, but THEY ALREADY HAVE A BABY. I don’t want them to age a second baby immediately!

Message 3 of 13 (4,703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue since whims became wants. My sim has had this long-term want for a while now, which is frustrating because I can't make her try for a baby with her wife without changing one of their gender options in CAS. This want shouldn't come up for sim couples that aren't "Get others pregnant"/"Become pregnant".

Screenshot 2022-09-04 001742.jpg

Message 4 of 13 (4,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I have this issue.  Also with my Servos. With the Servos there is no option for drinking the Want Refresher potion.

Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 10.38.03 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 10.38.55 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 10.39.05 PM.jpeg

Adding to say: At least it's mutual. (Bob, by the way already has son from being adducted by Aliens. Bob and Myra have a son thanks to Neighborhood Stories. So although Servos theoretically can't have children, they have two via glitches. So.... We'll see.)

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 10.44.38 AM.jpg

Message 5 of 13 (4,311 Views)

★ Apprentice
@babsi17_8 This is also a thing with same sex couple calling and asking to try for a baby
Message 6 of 13 (4,252 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have this issue as well and noticed it occurred prior to the wants/fears update. Gender is obviously not factored into the code for wanting to try for a baby. This want will occur when sims are romantically involved/married and in both modded and unmodded saves. There is no way to complete this want with same sex couples. Before the wants/fears update, I could at least click the whim off. Now I have to make my sim go to sleep to reset the want.

Message 7 of 13 (4,243 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Wants: Same Sex Couple Wants To Try For Baby

★★ Guide

Same issue here! It's happening for me with a lesbian couple. I think the "Try for Baby" want should only appear when the couple has one of each person "can impregnate"/"can get pregnant".

Message 8 of 13 (3,883 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I guess I would post this here. However, please let me know if I need to create a new topic. I am rejoining an active household that autonomously had a baby (Adoption turned off) and they are the same gender. The other mom doesn't live in the house so I am not able to see if there are any gender or reproductive settings influencing this. 

Message 9 of 13 (3,751 Views)

★★★ Novice

I get the exact same issue. Both of the instances I've attacted are same-sex couples, and neither of them at any point has had the ability to get the other pregnant. That first photo was from, like, July and the other one is today (4/11). Happens regardless of if I've got mods and CC installed.

Message 10 of 13 (3,274 Views)