by EeveeTinn

Original Post

[OPEN] Wants: Complete a Daily Work Task not completing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I do not own: Batuu, Strangerville, My first pet, Toddler, Bowling night, Kids room, Movie hangout, Spooky, Cool kitchen, Carnival kit, Modern menswear kit, Industrial loft, Fashion street kit, Bust the dust kit, Throwback fit kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you have an ambitious Sim, the want on completing a daily task will appear - for me the task is to create an eco-upgrade part. The task is completed but not the want.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing.
What do you expect to see? For the want to be fulfilled and get the points.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

10-01-22_4-10-48 PM.png

10-01-22_4-11-14 PM.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 14 (6,611 Views)

Re: Wants: Complete a Daily Work Task not completing

Champion

It looks like you pinned the task. I’m wondering if it’s that specific want that’s broken, or the pinning of it? Have you tried fulfilling the complete a work task want without pinning it? And have you tried pinning other wants before fulfilling them?

Alternate theory - wants & fears are only made for base game & HSY. Is it possible this want only fulfills with base game jobs?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 14 (6,548 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PipMenace It is not pinned, I just hoovered over it so the description bubble is visible.

That being said, I just now completed the "quit a job" want from noncommital trait, and it did not fulfill, even though I got a mood boost from it.
Message 3 of 14 (6,534 Views)

Champion

Okay I've done some testing (though I'm on Mac not Windows).

I couldn't get the ambitious Sim to get the "complete a daily work task" want at all to check it, but I did get the "quit a job" want for the noncommittal Sim. First he was in the scientist career and quit by going to the phone and choosing "quit job" - the want fulfilled for me, even though it wasn't a base game job. Then I chose another non-base game job for him: conservationist. The next day the "quit job" want came up again, so this time instead of quitting directly I had him switch jobs to fisherman, and the want still completed for me.

I don't have the Eco Lifestyle pack though to try those jobs. I assume you were in an Eco Lifestyle career to have the create an eco-upgrade part.

Have you tried deleting the cache file after removing mods? What jobs do your Sims have?

She/Her
Message 4 of 14 (6,518 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PipMenace I do have eco lifestyle, but I changed careers now since she fulfilled her aspiration 😅

The other Sim was just in babysitting career until adulthood, and he got the "quit a job" want so I did that after he became young adult. He got the good moodlet, but no points or fulfilment.

I regularly delete cache files and localthumbpackage. I keep everything clean. It is happening no matter the mods, and my mods are build/buy (TOOL and Better Build Buy) and MCCC. It still happens unfortunately.
Message 5 of 14 (6,485 Views)

Champion

I played a few more days with my test Sims but couldn't get either want to pop up. The only other thing I can think of is that babysitter is part-time. Is it possible that the quit job want only works with career jobs? I don't remember the exact wording and wasn't able to test but may try again later this week.

Still not sure about the complete daily work task though - were you in the civil designer career when that wasn't working?

She/Her
Message 6 of 14 (6,466 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PipMenace Yes it was civil designer. I also started a new save with the family just to see if the save got corrupted or something. I saved my family to the library and created a new game. I started a new career as art critic and then the job panel on UI totally bugged out 🤣 as in the daily task always says that I completed it even though I did it only once. I had the complete daily task want again, but since it constantly said on the panel that I completed the daily task, it did not fulfil when I tried again.
So no idea what is going on. I will see today when I launch the game if it goes back to normal. It is my Legacy family so I don't want to start a new one.

As for the babysitter career I don't think so, since you get a notification that you quit this career. And when we had whims, it would get completed.
Message 7 of 14 (6,449 Views)

Champion

I've finally repeated this and can add my me too! Took me some time to get the "complete a work task" want - finally managed it by creating a Sim with the ambitious trait, and then two non-base-game traits, a non-base-game aspiration, non-base game activity likes, and no music likes.

That said, I was not able to replicate the quit job want not fulfilling - that one seems to work for me.

Product: Sims 4

Platform: Mac

Language: English

How often: only got the want one time so far, but bug with it happened first time

Current game: 1.91.205.1220

Packs: Cottage Living, Snowy Escape,Discover University, Island Living, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Werewolves, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Paranormal, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Kids Room

Steps: Play with an ambitious Sim. It helps if you make sure there's nothing other than the ambitious trait to generate wants. Get a job and wait to get the "complete a work task" want. Complete a work task.

What happens: Want does not fulfill when the work task is marked complete.

What do you expect: Want fulfilled.

Mods: Not in this save.

She/Her
Message 8 of 14 (6,350 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I also have an ambitious Simin the law career and cannot complete the want although she completed her daily work task on the computer.

Message 9 of 14 (5,780 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Wants: Complete a Daily Work Task not completing

★ Novice
@EeveeTinn the same thing keeps happening to me, no matter how many work tasks I complete my sim's want doesn't get fulfilled. it's also been unpinned for several sim weeks and it won't go away
Message 10 of 14 (5,040 Views)