by MzMelonz

Original Post

[OPEN] Want Not Completed - Ask to be Boyfriend

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Xbox One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? SDX 9.0 / 1.61 / latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine out, city living, spooky, spa, gtw, seasons, cool kitchen, outdoor retreat 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to complete the want, “Ask [sim name] to be boyfriend.” 100 reward points. In my case, we went to the romance festival. Got super flirty. Eventually kissed. Then asked sim to be boyfriend. Nothing happened. Made them woohoo still nothing happened. It only changed (the want) after she went to sleep and woke up the next day. No points were added. 

Also, I had it pinned and unpinned it and it still wouldn’t go away. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim completed the action requested but the want bubble still remains and no rewards points are added. 
What do you expect to see? The action be marked as completed, points earned, and the bubble to go away. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used - console
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the high school years patch came out.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 16 (3,943 Views)

Re: Want Not Completed - Ask to be Boyfriend

★★★★★ Apprentice

Had the same issue as well. Also on Xbox One. I managed to get rid of it by playing another household but I'm confused why it didn't complete.

Message 2 of 16 (3,916 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had the same issue when my Sim asked another Sim to be his girlfriend at the Romance Festival. I play on PC and use a handful of mods, so I thought it might have been mod-related, but if it's happening on console too, obviously not.

Message 3 of 16 (3,898 Views)

Hero
@MzMelonz Did you test if it works if you ask them on a different place than the romance festival ? Just curious if it's tied to that or not.

(also on a personal note. Thank you for this thorough report. and just making it about one want. Helps a lot)

@Squealymealy Did you also do it at the romance restaurant

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (3,875 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Mine happened on my sims home lot
Message 5 of 16 (3,861 Views)

Hero
@Squealymealy Thanks for confirming.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (3,855 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@MzMelonz For me it happens with every Relationship related Wants, for example: Becoming friends (most of time it doesn't complete), Get Engaded, Get Married, etc.
Message 7 of 16 (3,823 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict No problem! I saw you ask someone to do that on another post. When I get an opportunity, I will try to see if it still does this outside of the Romance Festival.
Message 8 of 16 (3,766 Views)

Re: Wants not being completed

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem with an ask to be boyfriend one not a relative f9or the record as I've been able to doge the incest bug so far. 

Message 9 of 16 (3,729 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Want Not Completed - Ask to be Boyfriend

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yes, the wish to ask to go steady remain after it has been granted and sim is going steady with the sim in question. Later they want to break up or get merried. 

If the wish is not granted they want to talk to or flirt to someone they know and are not friends with or a friend and get first kiss and ask to go steady. etc.

Ingame experience right now. Sim asked Tina Tinker to go steady and she accepted. They both fall in love and get flirty in each other's precense. The next day my sim wants to break up, claiming they have not feelings for Tina anymore. They meet up and they are both flirty, cause of each other. 

Message 10 of 16 (2,967 Views)