Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: WTH is up with the Loot drops since patch

by dizassder

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Tried all day today with my weaker Ranger on GM2 and still couldn't even barely get any MW. And my luck was high too. Idk, seems to me it's all random. Kinda like the difficulty seems sometimes.

Message 21 of 248 (417 Views)

★ Apprentice
Okay, I tried again 3 times with Colossus with no luck on Legos but alot of MWs. Tried maxed out Ranger but only Mws. and yes I agree with the wierd difficulty level. One time really normal the next time almost impossibly hard. Ill keep trying different combinations of javs. Mabey last night got lucky without any luck. Standard smile
Message 22 of 248 (406 Views)

★ Apprentice
Sure would like to know what the special situation a legendary drops from the devs.
Message 23 of 248 (404 Views)

★ Apprentice
Just went into SH Heart of Rage and got a Lego to drop. Was using maxed Ranger. Mabey they rotate where the most drops are gonna be on a daily basis and which jav they drop for. Sorry, trying to think waaay outside the box here lol
Message 24 of 248 (391 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My 2 contracts today to get key,  combined 3 MW. Only 1 useful, since I'm using my weak Ranger. Even increased luck no help.

Message 25 of 248 (362 Views)

★ Guide

I've been researching Luck since my last post and there are few theories going around. 

One theory is that the cut off point for Luck is 90% and anything above this is simply a waste.

However

I found this web page:

https://gamerant.com/anthem-how-luck-work/

This article includes a post created by Bioware referring to Luck:

anthem-how-luck-works-740x357.jpg.optimal.jpg

"Luck is an inscription that can be randomly rolled on any given weapon, gear, or component, though in-game it’s referenced as “Support +##% Luck.” Presumably, the more items a player equips with this Luck inscription on them, the better the odds of receiving higher tier gear. However, according to BioWare’s technical design director Brenon Holmes, it’s not quite that simple.

Rather than each percentage point of Luck being a direct manipulation on loot rarity odds, Luck is instead broken into thresholds. For example, anything below 100 Luck is, in effect, equal to having no Luck at all. After that threshold is met, it ramps up much more intuitively and new thresholds are layered every 10 points up to a maximum of 190. In summary, don’t bother using items with Luck unless you can get to +101% or more. And in order to get the maximum bonus out of Luck, try and reach +190% or more. Anything between 101 and 190 will have scaling thresholds every 10 points"

Reference:

.https://gamerant.com/anthem-how-luck-work/

According to the above having a Luck score below 101% is like having no luck at all. The max 'Threshold' is 190% so it's best to aim for that or something near.

Message 26 of 248 (350 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Wow! Too bad I rarely get good drops already. Now i gotta get more with luck. I did manage to get 1 lego in SH Temple of the Scar. But it was a useless copy. So, now I'll try to get my luck up, even though I  got legos a lot a month ago without luck at all.

Message 27 of 248 (348 Views)

★★ Novice
i just finished 2 GM1 legendary contracts, One MW each and that's it... a lot of rare and some epic drops, totaled together around 15... second one though I got from the entire contract 6 total drops... 2 blue, 3 purple and the one MW. played two gm2 heart of rage strongholds last night and got one MW each... luck is between 90 and 106... the loot is jacked up.
Message 28 of 248 (338 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The whole loot system is messed up. Should be 1 guaranteed lego, not MW. Once you reach lvl 30 rare are useless, and epic only good to make sigils.

Message 29 of 248 (331 Views)

★★ Novice
690 ranger 171% luck GM1 legendary contract, 9 total loot drops, only the one master work for the legendary contract. i'm about to try stronghold on GM2 but I don't have much hope for it being worth anything... going with my storm 718 191% luck... we'll see, don't hold your breath
Message 30 of 248 (328 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help