WRAITH's KUNAI causes animation delay (healing,Ult,Q)

by walawave

Original Post

Re: Delay on using abilites or meds/shields after sliding while heirloom is equi

★★★★★ Novice
@DYSPROssium Hey! I discovered that it also occurs while crouched not just sliding and made an updated report that got an EA reply and I know another EA dev has also seen it since he’s linked a similar bug report back to my post.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Heirloom-bug-while-crouched-or-sliding/m-p/8011671/highlight/t...

Will you still need video?
Message 11 of 19 (1,035 Views)

Re: Delay on using abilites or meds/shields after sliding while heirloom is equi

★★★★★ Novice
@Fakooking Wait are you serious? How have I not noticed this. I’ll try it when I get on later.
Message 12 of 19 (1,034 Views)

Hello again @FatalBabo, thanks for bringing that thread to my attention. I've also merged it with this one just to get every information in one place and hopefully draw attention from the developers for an annoying issue for a small amount of players @EA_David.

Threads which show videos often are more convincing for the devs to look into (or show a specific situation in which the bug happens). But as David already said, they are looking into it. Maybe he can update us Standard smile

Message 13 of 19 (1,005 Views)

WRAITH's KUNAI causes animation delay (healing,Ult,Q)

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? twitch_walawave
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? WRAITH
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. THIS CAN HAPPENS ANYWHERE WHEN THE KUNAI IS EQUIPED
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. healing/ulting/Qing
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) EVERYTIME I PLAY WRAITH IN SEASON 2
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Delays on healing/ult/Q animation (0.5-1 seconds)
What should be happening instead? NO ANIMATION DELAY
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Equip the KUNAI and HEAL/UTL/Q with wraith

please fix this bug because I have the Kunai and now I don't want to use it because of this delay and this has been happening before season 2.

Message 14 of 19 (1,140 Views)

Re: WRAITH's KUNAI causes animation delay (healing,Ult,Q)

Community Manager

@walawave 

Congrats on wielding that knife! The team is aware of this happening and looking to address it as soon as possible. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 15 of 19 (1,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When u * die cus u slide and it takes 20 god damn years to pop a bettery, annoyin af, will stil use the heirloom tho xd

Message 16 of 19 (964 Views)

Wraith's Kunai SLOWS healing and abilities

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? mo5he
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The entire map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Using meds/Tactical ability
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Many, it happens every time.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) No matter when you try it.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When a wraith has the kunai equipped, her usage of meds along with her tactical ability takes much longer to initiate.
What should be happening instead? She uses these items/abilities as fast as she would with her fists out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have no kunai equipped, and use your tactical ability. Record how long it takes to start using it. Then do the same, but with the kunai equipped. You will notice a clear disadvantage of using this cosmetic.

When Wraith has her Kunai equipped, she uses both meds and her tactical ability in a delayed fashion. It takes extra time to initiate these. This has gotten players killed in both the storm (delay when using meds), and in game (unable to phase in time). Players who have puchased the cosmetic (NRG_aceu, a very popular streamer who even had a sponsored EA stream for example) have opted to disable use of the Kunai due to it's disadvantages.

Message 17 of 19 (976 Views)

★ Novice

This needs to be fixed.

Message 18 of 19 (952 Views)

★ Novice

Yea honestly, this is like super annoying can this get fixed already??? 500 dollars for the knife and it gives you a disadvantage. Please fix ASAP!

Message 19 of 19 (822 Views)