Re: [OPEN] [XB1/PS4] Cursor disappeared

by Rae_Regenbogen

Original Post

Disappearing cursor

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20.101.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, cool kitchen stuff, dine out, fitness stuff, Get famous, get to work, island living, jungle adventure, realm of magic, seasons, spooky stuff, vampires, vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a picture then the cursor will disappear
What happens when the bug occurs? The cursor disappears
What do you expect to see? When I take a picture and I'm done with it the cursor will disappear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I like having my sims take pictures it's the easiest way to get fame up and then usually right after I take the 5 pictures my cursor will disappear and I have to save and exit. My controller any/everything still seems to work fine but I can't control what I can't see so it really makes it difficult to play. 

Message 91 of 116 (906 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@crinrict , could you possibly mark this as workaround and pin the suggestion to go in and out of first person camera mode to the top of the board? It might help people who don’t want to read through several posts.

Message 92 of 116 (886 Views)

Hero
@Rae_Regenbogen I checked and I think I found the first person posting that and marked their post as solution. There's other suggestions though throughout the thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 116 (879 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thank you so much!!!

Message 94 of 116 (866 Views)

Disappearing arrow

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don’t know how to find thid
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Perfect patio stuff, spooky stuff, vintage glamour stuff, vampires, jungle adventure, seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try it?
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I try to use the camera to level up my photography skill the arrow disappears. The arrow in the screen to make selections. Also my sim won’t work on her book she’s writing.
What do you expect to see? The arrow after I take pictures. And my sim should sit down and work on the book.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happens every time. I have to restart the PlayStation to get the arrow to come back. 

Message 95 of 116 (858 Views)

Re: Disappearing arrow

Hero
@mestormy Merged your post with existing thread on this.

See solution post for a workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 96 of 116 (836 Views)

Re: Help! Curser disappears...

★★★ Newbie

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Message 97 of 116 (802 Views)

Re: Disappearing cursor

★★★ Newbie
@Bluevenom97 The exact same thing is happening to me, except it happens to me not only when I take photos, but when I just have sims interact with each other. I have yet to try going into first-person and going out of it again, but my solution at the moment that somewhat helps is turning off the controller and turning it back on. I just hope this issue will get fixed. :/
Message 98 of 116 (781 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Sassysun I've had this game for a day and had to restart my whole console three times to try to resolve this issue. Its annoying because reload time is soooo long. It seems to happen most when doing specific things (taking photographs going out of build mode) super disappointed as this was a gift to myself for xmas
Message 99 of 116 (749 Views)

★★★ Novice
@THESIMSLYFEORDIE Take a selfie all 5 pictures.. and after that it should return to normal..
Message 100 of 116 (726 Views)