Re: Help! Curser disappears...

by LunaBladee

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Almost 2020 and NO FIX. (Xb1x)

My cursor keeps disappearing after I use the camera in my sims phone and inventory. My only fix is shutting the entire game off and back on. 

I spent hundreds on these DLCs and y’all can’t fix this or the hugeeeee lag issues. It’s been years. 

Yall (EA) owe me a free expansion on the grounds your product isn’t working the way your marketing team said it would. Y’all don’t even try to fix these bugs before you’re pushing out the next DLC. I’d like the Island Living. THANKS. 🙄

Message 51 of 116 (3,586 Views)

Re: [XB1/PS4] Cursor disappeared

★★★ Newbie
@crinrictnishiasassy Turn your controller off, then back on
Message 52 of 116 (3,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@3blindmice3 My cursor just disappeared. Just found this thread to resolve the issue & found no advice.
So I went back to my game to mess with things.
Pressed the right joystick in and held it to get to the sims point of view, pressed the x button, and then pressed the joystick back in to get back to regular point of view. My cursor hath returned!
Message 53 of 116 (3,567 Views)

★★ Novice

I doubt it. Never had this problem before, then took photos with the camera today and cursor disappears after. Got it to come back by logging out, but lost it again as soon as I used the camera. Can't get it back now. Ridiculous having this sort of bug on a game this old 🙄

Message 54 of 116 (3,552 Views)

Sims missing arrow cursor after taking photographs

★★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone,

Couldn't find a topic on this for xb1 anywhere. So I'm having issues with my arrow cursor constantly disappearing after taking a photograph. I thought this was a one time issue with my guy after he took a photo in the Sal' temple. After completing taking the photos of various random things (to gain more skill points) it just disappeared. I could still move the screen around and select highlighted options etc but the arrow wasn't there. So I restarted the game ... however I needed to restart the game five times in a row in order to regain it. By restarting I mean going  back to the main screen and even logging out and in again. I got fed up and restarted the whole xb1 again. It returned and was fine with him. However I've now brought the Mischino stuff pack and decided to become a freelance photographers with a separate Sim on a different save. First few times she's been fine and now tonight it's very time I take a photo regardless of its one on its own or ten if I'm using the tripod it simply disappears. 

I've looked into this issue in depth and can't seem to find anything relating to xb1 but only PC or Mac issues. Has anyone got any advice on this issue? 

Note I don't play with cheats (other than bb.moveobjects) or any mods / textures or additional packs other than those that are brought from EA. The first glitch issue happened previous to buying the Mischino pack.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer the mildest piece of support! 

Message 55 of 116 (3,612 Views)

Re: Sims missing arrow cursor after taking photographs

★★★ Pro

This also happens on the PS4 you have to put in first person mode and back out again it's the stick sorry not sure what it's called on a Xbox one that should bring your cursor back.

Message 56 of 116 (3,600 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@TheSkittlehook  @Rachelharris31  There is a bug report here for it. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-XB1-PS4-Cursor-disappeared/m-p/8383518#M108622 the post was moved from this forum to the bug forum. Please post there and add your "me too" to the bug report.

Message 57 of 116 (3,584 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper  Firstly thinking you for the links as I couldn't find any other posts and wow this has been going in for years?! 

Message 58 of 116 (3,577 Views)

★★ Novice
@TheSkittlehook Hey there... not sure if xbox has this, but if you have a free pan/ camera icon, click that and move around your screen a bit and exit out. I had this same issue but with ps4 and it was driving me insane! I was trying everything and thought I'd give that a shot and it worked perfectly. Much better than exiting the game a million times. Hope this helps if you haven't fixed it already!
Message 59 of 116 (3,555 Views)

Hero
@TheSkittlehook Merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 60 of 116 (3,525 Views)