Re: Cursor disappears

by manolobeach

Original Post

Re: Missing cursor

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Ive been having this problem for ages and all I could ever do was to just restart the game, which sucks when ur on console due to the loading screens. But I just figured it out and it has worked for me every time ive used it for the past 2-3 days. Whenever it happens just go into first person mode (by holding R3) and once u go back to normal mode again it should be back. Ur welcome.

Edit: just saw that others had figured it out as well. 

Message 30 of 116 (1,974 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@fice10 Found a solution that worked for me! Go into first person view then come out, my cursor popped back up.
Message 31 of 116 (1,947 Views)

Re: Help! Curser disappears...

★★★ Apprentice

OMG Thank you! Your comment actually helped me! I think this may be the problem for a lot of the players. I used 'simstagram pet' and afterwards the cursor was gone, i just did the same thing, very carefully because i had no idea where the cursor was and the cursor was visible again. To make sure that it really was the issue i repeated it and the same thing happened. Took photo of cat - cursor disappeared, took photo again - cursor reappeared. I have no idea why taking a photo causes this and it really does need to be fixed because this isn't going to solve it for everyone. Thank you! Large smile

Message 32 of 116 (1,929 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think I may have found a temporary solution, take another picture of someone and the curser will return

Message 33 of 116 (1,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had the same problem today when i took pictures of my cat my cursor disappeared but then i took more pictures and it came back! i hope this helps some ppl 

Message 34 of 116 (1,889 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. PS4, all expansions, cursor suddenly not visible mid game. Have to spend another 10 minutes rebooting the entire game, because hopping back to manage worlds does not fix it. 

Message 35 of 116 (1,876 Views)

Cursor disappears

★ Novice

My cursor is disappearing after I try to take a photo! The game still runs but I can't see where I am clicking. I have to restart the entire xbox which is very annoying 

Message 36 of 116 (1,860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I’ve been having this problem too, it happened to me

twice just now and I had to restart the game each time. It was a problem that they had before and fixed and looks like it’s back again. 

Message 37 of 116 (1,842 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing happens on PS4.

You don’t have to restart the whole console tho (which I found out a hard way lol), hold the right stick on controler to enter first person camera mode and then hold again to exit it and cursor should reappear.

Annoying bug tho

Message 38 of 116 (1,821 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

OMG Thank you!!! I didn't think of this.  I pressed the buttons and analog stick down hard (as if that would do something, lol) and nothing worked but restarting the console.  I'll definitely try this later.   I've been saving any picture taking for when i'm done playing the game so i could just do one shut down.

I just wish the the travel crashing problem had an easy workaround too.

Message 39 of 116 (1,805 Views)