Re: Missing cursor

by UlyingDerp

Original Post

Re: Help! Curser disappears...

★ Novice

@Anniiimal wrote:

I have also noticed this problem on PS4 since the last update. It has happened on two occasions and both were when my sims were photographing. When I leave photo mode there is no cursor. The only thing that helps is to restart the entire game. 

This is the same issue I am having...every time I photograph something my cursor disappears!  I have tried everything to get it back but so far the only thing that works is completely closing out of the game and restarting.  I never had this problem until the most recent update either and it is so frustrating!

Message 20 of 116 (3,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

HI! I’ve found a solution for this problem. When this occurs you need to try and click free cam mode at the top right screen, move around a bit than press circle ⭕️! It should reappear afterwards! Works for me every time! Good luck

Message 21 of 116 (3,262 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@TygerNight If you still have the problem, I solved it with holding R3 until the camera switched in to first person option. when I exited the cursor was back.
Message 22 of 116 (3,251 Views)

★ Guide

I never thought of trying that, thanks for the suggestion! My cursor has been obediently visible lately but I'll keep that in mind if it happens again. Standard smile

Message 23 of 116 (3,244 Views)

★ Novice

Is there still no solution to this? This is a problem people have been having for years and as of Oct. 2019 it’s still an ongoing problem. I tried every kind of solution I could and nothing is working. If I honestly have to restart again I’m not even going to continue playing this game considering one of the games glitches is always the reason I always have to restart. 

Message 24 of 116 (3,231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I finally figured out what’s happening with the cursor when taking a photo. when you go into your inventory or phone you’re using the cursor to get to it so when you go in to take the photo just make sure to leave the cursor on the middle of the screen or just anywhere but where you clicked to get to the camera because it will make the cursor stuck in the menu. it’s kind of hard to explain, i hope you understand lol i actually forgot to move the cursor to the middle of the screen and the cursor disappeared but then i went in to take a photo again but this time leaving the invisible cursor in the middle and it reappeared when i exited the camera. basically just make sure the cursor is visible before you take the photos. if you leave it selected on the camera it will be invisible

Message 25 of 116 (3,227 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here. Looks like it may be simply invisible. But it's annoying as hell. Tried just about everything 

Message 26 of 116 (3,183 Views)

★★ Novice

I was also photographing right before it happened. Also noticed the game starting to lag after taking photos 

Message 27 of 116 (3,181 Views)

Re: Missing cursor

★★ Novice

Thanx. Going back and forth to first person view worked for me too

Message 28 of 116 (3,179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue after using the camera from my sims inventory, using the phone has not triggered it yet.

Message 29 of 116 (3,158 Views)