Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [XB1/PS4] Cursor disappeared

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk
What happens when the bug occurs? My cursor doesn’t appear on the screen
What do you expect to see? The cursor so I can see where and what I’m clicking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So basically I’ve been playing the game all day and all of a sudden my cursor disappeared. I tried to go to a different family, exiting to the main menu and it never came back. The actual cursor or arrow thing in with you click people, items, and activities does not appear. It seems like it’s still there, it’s just I can’t see it. I could see it partially hovering over the build mode icon in the upper right hand corner of my screen but it won’t show me the actual physical body of the arrow.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 43 of 116 (39,473 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] [XB1/PS4] Cursor disappeared

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing your experiences and workarounds with your fellow Simmers!

We released a patch for The Sims 4 on console a week ago - are you still experiencing this after the update?

-Mai

View in thread

Message 111 of 116 (20,127 Views)

All Replies

Missing cursor

★★★ Newbie

My daughter keeps getting this problem daily on the sims 4 deluxe edition on the PS4 

the cursor keeps disappearing as per attached screen shot please help as she is driving me mad

Message 1 of 116 (45,657 Views)

Help! Curser disappears...

★★★ Newbie

When I go into build mode or travel, my curser/arrow disappears and randomly bounces between curser and the icons around the screen. I'm am about to stop playing! Pressing circle does nothing, in this case. I've tried everything. What am I doing wrong!?!?! 

When I arrive to my location, I can't get the curser to come up so I can click on items or people at these places, all I can do is watch my SIM....

Message 2 of 116 (45,614 Views)

Re: Help! Curser disappears...

★★★ Newbie
This is on ps4 btw
Message 3 of 116 (45,612 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @fice10 @MissJessicaLynn,

I have merged your threads as you seem to be having the same problem. Frown

Have you tried to press touchpad button to toggle to menus, and then again to go back to cursor mode to see if that makes it reappear? Or change to build mode and back to live mode?

@MissJessicaLynn, can you also see the white outline around objects and Sims, as you can see in fice's screenshot?

-Mai

Message 4 of 116 (45,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Has anyone found a solution to this? Still having this issue in 2018. Just bought the game and it has updated and everything. Very frustrating , looking for a way for a refund I’m so disappointed! I’ve waited for this game to come out for years on console
Message 5 of 116 (45,434 Views)

★★★ Novice
Just had the same happen on the Xbox one Sims 4 also
Message 6 of 116 (45,409 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Missing cursor

★★★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me today so it's something that is still unresolved... 

Message 7 of 116 (44,350 Views)

Re: Missing cursor

★★★ Newbie
@Cazzicle its 2019 and still have the same problem on xbox one sims 4. Cursor dissappears. Push b button does not work. Tried all the nasocs ,log off/on. Reinstall, blah blah. Searched found NOTHING. NOT SOLVED. THIS IS WHY THE RESALE RATES ARE SO LOW FOR THIS GAME. SUCKS
Message 8 of 116 (42,675 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mai Was there EVER a solution????
Message 9 of 116 (42,671 Views)