[WORKAROUND] Hairline cracks on face and clothing (Nvidia)

by TrainerKenta

Original Post

Re: Weird lines on my sims

★★★★★ Novice

Great, I asked Simguru Rachel but she hasn't commented on it yet. 

Message 21 of 95 (3,641 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Here is some more info... Everyone who is saying this thinks it might be an Nvidia problem - https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/45jnds/weird_facial_lines_on_sims_and_clothing/ not sure if you have added that as a possible problem as of yet. 

Message 22 of 95 (3,631 Views)

Hero

Not sure what you're asking ?

Do you mean if I added that it could be a Nvidia problem ?

The info which cards are affected is in this thread so I don't think it needs pointing out. This thread isn't too long (yet)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 95 (3,620 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any updates on this problem? Is it fixable?

Message 24 of 95 (3,553 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello! At this time no, EA has not commented on this. The only fix we have found is to either turn off edge smoothing in game or switch to using a AMD video card, but not everyone can afford to change cards just because of an issue. I hope EA will one day comment on this but at this time no luck. Keep an eye on SimsVIP and if this gets updated with a patch or a mod I'll make a post there. 

Thanks!

Message 25 of 95 (3,542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have a Geforce GTX 860M on a Windows 10 laptop and have always had the problem.

Drivers are fully up to date.

This also isn't limited to facial features as I have noticed it on clothing items as well before.

Message 26 of 95 (3,537 Views)

i need help

★★ Novice
there's alittle lines appears on my sims face after turning on soomth edge in game option i dont know why and what can i do to solve this problem please help me
Message 27 of 95 (3,428 Views)

Re: i need help

Hero

Hi @lookatme404

merged with existing bug report.

Don't think there is a solution

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 95 (3,424 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Weird Facial Lines

★★ Novice
i have the same problem in my game Frown
Message 29 of 95 (4,020 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Weird Facial Lines

Hero

Maybe turning of edge smoothing works ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 95 (4,013 Views)