Re: [WORKAROUND] Weird Facial Lines

by LonelyFew

Original Post

Broken Face

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and enlarge the eyes on a male sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The head seems cracked.
What do you expect to see? No cracks in head.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just recently noticed this and don't know if this is a 1 time thing or something. (Sorry but I don't know how to add this to the current CAS thread)

Message 61 of 95 (3,998 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Weird Facial Lines

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@malphybkp wrote:

@Plumsbob wrote:

I'm having the same issue too. Looking at the date, it seems to be an older bug, any idea why it hasn't been fixed yet? 

It's a bug caused by the graphics card and not by the game itself. So don't ask why this bug is not fixed yet because not all of us have encountered this bug.

Anyway here's the fix:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Weird-Facial-Lines/m-p/5595730/highlight/true#M... [Edit by Admin]

It uses a third-party program but it's safe. You just need to activate the Anti-Aliasing Fix.

PS: It's for NVIDIA users only.

@malphybkp 

Actually, it is EA's problem. It is NOT caused by the graphics card. It is caused by poor code programmed by EA that does not play "nice" with certain Nvidia cards Raised eyebrow......My husband is a software engineer and he said the issue is up to EA to fix as they are the ones making the code for THEIR game to work with a certain card, so yes, it is EA's poor programming that is causing the issue and only THEY can fix it. As to why it hasn't been fixed yet, budget and resources. They probably don't feel this particular glitch (as it does not affect gameplay) is worth their time and money to pay their engineers to fix.

Source: Husband who has a PhD in Computer/software engineering.........as well as myself who studied software engineering before switching my major......

Message 62 of 95 (3,902 Views)

★ Guide

Is there a solution for this?

Message 63 of 95 (3,430 Views)

Hero
Yes.

Check the first page. The accepted solution gives you a workaround for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 95 (3,429 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [CAS] Hairline cracks on full body outfits, dresses and tops.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 162.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Zoom in on the arms of a female sim when wearing one of the seasons Dresses
What happens when the bug occurs? It's more like a mesh glitch. There's a hairline crack on both arms.
What do you expect to see? No hairline crack on the mesh.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There's a thin, hairline crack in the mesh that I saw when I zoomed in to Shine's arms. The first 2 images that I attached show the problem on both arms. The 3rd image that I attached has the highlighted dress that is the issue. This is Seasons related.

EDIT: I've just been into CAS, and it's not limited to that dress. It appears that every full body dress, both long and short, and every top, has that issue.

Message 65 of 95 (2,906 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Hairline crack on one of the Seasons Dresses

Hero
@ChuChuExpress Could you maybe encircle the issue on the pictures for better visualization ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 95 (2,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict  I added the images to the original post with the problem areas circled...and it's a lot worse, it turns out. The first image is a bikini top, and the second image is a top with sleeves. I've circled the problem areas.

Message 67 of 95 (2,798 Views)

Hero
@ChuChuExpress Do you have a Nvidia card ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 95 (2,775 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict

Yes, my laptop's card is an NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650. It's recently updated, and this machine is still on 1809.

Message 69 of 95 (2,770 Views)

Hero
@ChuChuExpress There Is a issue with hairlines for Nvidia cards, mostly for lines on the face but maybe it's spreading.

Can you try the workaround here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Weird-Facial-Lines/m-p/4976595

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 70 of 95 (2,756 Views)