by DrWooWho

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] Videos from drone won't transfer to video statio

★★ Novice
It worked!! Also my station had to be repaired
Message 21 of 55 (2,215 Views)

Re: Videos from drone won't transfer t o video station

★★ Novice

I've been having a similar issue but the difference is that whenever I try to buy the More Views Video desk, it changes to the other one, when bought, the More Choices Video etc. My drone has videos on it which I can't transfer because it's not the right Video Recording desk. It's been doing this every time I go into build mode.  My sim was at the desk when I attempted transferring but the video didn't appear due to being the wrong desk.  Is there any solution to fix this?  Thanks.

Message 22 of 55 (2,148 Views)

Hero

They are both the same video station. One comes with a chair and one comes without chair.

Do you get any error message saying that it's the wrong desk ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 55 (2,143 Views)

★★ Novice

No, the video from the drone just don't transfer to the video station and I have tried to repeatedly with my sim at the station.

Message 24 of 55 (2,136 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save ?

Here's instructions how to share your save with QA: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 55 (2,126 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think I'll need to. I sold the video station, restarted the game twice, bought the video station again, restarted the game again, then had my sim sit at the video station then tried to transfer the videos and it worked. Don't even know why it worked to be honest.

Message 26 of 55 (2,124 Views)

Hero
Glad it did :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 55 (2,122 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have had this problem as well.  The videos end up in my household inventory and I can't do anything with them other than rename them.

Message 28 of 55 (2,103 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I have replaced the drone, and video stations.  I have made sure nothing is blocking my sims path.  I also try putting the drone in the same room as the video station before I try the transfer.  Sometimes the transfer works and other times the files just goes to household inventory.  I have also tried repairing the game.  I use the round white drones with the eyes.  It happens with a fresh save game as well.

Message 29 of 55 (2,066 Views)

Champion
It's hard to tell if people just aren't using it correctly. I haven't had any issues transferring videos from the drone to the station.

What I do is, I have the drone in my sim's inventory. Then I make the sim sit in the chair connected to the video station, I open the inventory and click on the drone straight from inside the sim inventory and click transfer videos. The videos then appear in the video station's inventory.

Works every time.
Message 30 of 55 (2,058 Views)