Re: [WORKAROUND] Vampires won't turn sim after calling them to offer their gift

by KushKylie

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I could fix it for myself. I temporary disabled autonomy for sims from the game options menu, when i went to the house for the offer, and then i had the popup and caleb turned my sim without issue.

(you also have to fix his energy level before )

Message 21 of 27 (1,047 Views)

★★★ Guide
I tried that last night and it did not work when I got the turn request. Do you disable it BEFORE or after you go to their house? Last time I tried it I disabled the autonomy after my sim got over to the vampires house. I still got the "looping be offered vampirism" anyway.
Message 22 of 27 (986 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
Same here. It was annoying! I had to eventually ask him. I really wanted to see the offer interaction.
Message 23 of 27 (926 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Vampires won't turn sim after calling them to offer their gift

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sorry if this is a bump, but...I have yet to get a call from Caleb (or any vampire) in my main save to that effect (I did get a call in a test save, but I clicked "Cancel"...did I disable that whole thing in my game install doing that?), but finding this topic browsing the issues...thanks for the heads up and the info! (It may not affect me, however, since I plan on saying "No" if/when I get there as part of the story I'm telling with a certain Sim in my game right now. X-D)

@Nekoboy69 : I realize your post is old, but Caleb looks the same in both normal and Dark Form by default, just so you know. <3 Wink (Also, I don't have that thing with him or any vampire being in Dark Form all the time in my game.)

EDIT: If this post is inappropriate for this topic, my apologies. Embarrassed

Message 24 of 27 (728 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Vampires won't turn sim after calling them to offer their gift

★ Guide
@StarryMight I think there is a very small change in his dark form if I remember correctly. Haven't played anything involving him in a while (I have my eyes on someone more "magical" Wink atm. hehe
Message 25 of 27 (707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Nekoboy69: Oh? I haven't noticed, but since I'm doing a test save right now and haven't changed him at all in it, I'll take a look. (EDIT: Just checked him in CAS a little bit ago...and he looks exactly the same to me in both forms, as far as I can tell.)

Anyhow, back on (old?) topic from here on out!

Message 26 of 27 (696 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I'm not sure if this is the exact same problem, but I thought I'll write here anyway since it at least seems related.

My sim got a message from Caleb Vatore saying that he had something important to ask my sim and he wanted my sim to come to his place. I accepted, thinking that he might want to turn my sim into a vampire. In-game hours passed, nothing happened, they just chatted for a bit, and Lilith chatted with them too. I googled and found out that this message indeed means that the vampire wants to turn your sim into a vampire, and that it had worked for some people but not for others. I waited for a while longer, then Caleb went to work at sunrise, so I sent my sim home.

Note that he didn't say what it was about, just that he had something important to ask me and wanted me to come over. I interpret this thread as people getting a message where Caleb explicitly tells them that he wants to turn them into a vampire. Another difference is that there wasn't any kind of loop, as some people have described in this thread, Caleb, Lilith, and my sim just chatted all night long, autonomously, and no question about turning my sim popped up.

Message 27 of 27 (397 Views)