Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Vampires won't turn sim after calling them to offer their gift

by MagitekPixel

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Vampires won't turn sim after calling them to offer their gift

★ Novice

This is true but now its a glitch in the game. A speech bubble comes up for the person like the person is going to offer them the gift but it just pops on its own and the dialogue box never comes up. It got messed up with the last update. 

Message 11 of 27 (2,648 Views)

★ Guide

@THEGO1DSTANDARD 

Yes, I mentioned that I have the same problem that you have, with the offer to give the gift and the offer loop and never getting turned. I'm saying that on my end the bug is being caused by Caleb not having enough energy to turn.

Either Caleb needs to be able to do Dark Enegry autonomously so that he's not completely exhausted all the time (that would be great) or the game needs to override his exhaustion so that he can turn when he makes the offer (neither of which players can do without an official patch or mod). He also somtimes can't turn my sim when asked at random, he's been more exhausted than ever.

I agree, it is a bug. The workaround for me it to play Caleb if I need to fix his energy, and then have him offer to turn (I can also play my sim and ask him.) This make things at lot less fun, though.

Message 12 of 27 (17,253 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the input on "Accepted solution," now let's hope EA gets to an *actual* solution.

Message 13 of 27 (2,600 Views)

★ Guide

I noticed that Caleb is always in his dark form, which probably is why he is exhausted. He is one of my favorite NPC sims. (He is both cute and sexy at the same time). But in my latest gameplay, my sim married him and when I played him to make him ask for a drink, I noticed the menu said "Hide dark form". (My game is in Swedish)

Message 14 of 27 (2,575 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Should be an easy fix then. This happens on console as well.

Message 15 of 27 (2,569 Views)

Sims 4 - Being Offered Vampirism on LOOP!

★ Novice

My sim became buddy buddy with a vampire, so it was natural that the vampire would pop the question...

My sim goes to their house and the vampire would offer vampirism... then the action would go away, then they'd try again. Over and over again. I disabled mods, rest the sims, etc. and it still doesn't work. 

Anybody else have this issue?

Thanks!

Message 16 of 27 (2,539 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Being Offered Vampirism on LOOP!

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @FancyPantsyCat 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

There's also a workaround in the second post you can try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 27 (2,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. But Lilith's dark energy was actually full when I switched to her household. So maybe it isn't a problem with dark energy level?

Message 18 of 27 (2,490 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Vampires won't turn sim after calling them to offer their gift

★★ Apprentice

This is not just a Caleb or Lilith issue. A random townie vampire just did the same thing. 

Message 19 of 27 (2,417 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Vampires won't turn sim after calling them to offer their gift

★★★ Guide

This is the case with ALL my vampires. Be it Caleb, Lilith, Vlad, or any of their descendants or any of the other vampires running around in town. Whenever someone is invited over to be turned the action just loops repeatedly and this has been a problem since I started playing Sims 4 in January of this year. When I first started Caleb invited one of female sims over and I did get the popup (ONE and ONLY time I have ever seen the popup request. Ever) and I hit YES to accept. He switched to his Dark Form and started to bite my sim, then both Caleb and the sim to be turned sort of "flickered/glitched" and the turn action did not complete. And as (at the time just learning the game) I did not know that what I saw was not normal and spent a few days wondering when she would become a vampire Oops lol!

Once I had her ask someone else to turn her (Vlad) and saw the full turning animation & 3 day transition did I realize it was a glitch. It doesn't matter what vampire requests, it "loops" for hours every time. I just now instead ask to be turned whenever invited as that DOES work. Just less fun.

And I checked the energy levels of the vampires each time and they were always full or half full (plenty of energy to turn someone. I don't use mods at all, have the following packs: Vampires, Cats & Dogs, Get To Work, and Vintage Stuff. Standard smile

BTW hi! I'm new here!Party hat

Message 20 of 27 (2,344 Views)