Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Vampires won't turn sim after calling them to offer their gift

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The vampire calls my sim over to offer his life long gift but never goes through with the action.
What happens when the bug occurs? You get a call from a vampire you are friends with so he can offer vampirism, but when they go to do the action it just goes in to a constant loop and nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? the prompt of wheather or not I want it, and then they do the action when I say yes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. just the latest patch.

Caleb Vatore has called my sim over to offer to turn her into a vampire, but when he wants to turn her the action never happens and the avitar stays in a constant loop of him wanting to ask her.

Message 1 of 27 (15,083 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Vampires won't turn sim after calling them to offer their gift

★ Guide

@THEGO1DSTANDARD 

Yes, I mentioned that I have the same problem that you have, with the offer to give the gift and the offer loop and never getting turned. I'm saying that on my end the bug is being caused by Caleb not having enough energy to turn.

Either Caleb needs to be able to do Dark Enegry autonomously so that he's not completely exhausted all the time (that would be great) or the game needs to override his exhaustion so that he can turn when he makes the offer (neither of which players can do without an official patch or mod). He also somtimes can't turn my sim when asked at random, he's been more exhausted than ever.

I agree, it is a bug. The workaround for me it to play Caleb if I need to fix his energy, and then have him offer to turn (I can also play my sim and ask him.) This make things at lot less fun, though.

View in thread

Message 12 of 27 (17,347 Views)

All Replies

Re: Vampires won't turn my sim after calling them over to offer thier gift

Champion
Is Caleb famous and does he have the no touching quirk? There’s a similar bug thread on here where vampires fail to turn other sims when they have the no touching fame quirk.
Message 2 of 27 (14,991 Views)

Hero

Hi @redhotangel

on top of @simvasion question, can Caleb turn any Sims if you play with him ?

Do you have the same issue with any other Vampires calling you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 27 (14,983 Views)

★★★ Novice

No Caleb is not famous, he is one of the vampires from Forgotten Hollow. My sim is good friends with both him and his sister Lilith and the both can turn sims. They will do the action if I ask them to but what is the point of them asking me there if all it's going to do is keep canceling the action out.

Message 4 of 27 (14,970 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Added this for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 27 (14,950 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Vampires won't turn sim after calling them to offer their gift

★★ Apprentice

I also have this happen.  My sim had a romantic relationship with Vlad.  He called and invited her over and went into the loop to offer her vampirism.  After they stood there pretty much for hours, she left.  Neither one was a celebrity.  I was playing a challenge so could not initiate actions, only respond, so I waited for the action to complete - therefore, sat and watched it loop - queue up and drop out, over and over repeatedly.

Message 6 of 27 (14,924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have this same bug with every vampire in the game. No mods, no testingcheats active. Fully updated as of this morning, and it still does it.

Edit 1/172019 Had some insomnia, so I uninstalled the game entirely, cleared all of the temp files, cleaned up the junk files, rebooted my computer, then re-installed the game. No cheats or mods in use. No vampire--default or created--can successfully offer another sim Vampirism at any level of friendship or acquaintance without it automatically cancelling out. I've tried on 8 different vamps so far. 

Message 7 of 27 (14,906 Views)

★ Apprentice
Sadly I am also having this problem. Frown
Message 8 of 27 (14,832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ok, so I just uninstalled Origin AND Sims 4 and reinstalled it, started a new save, and this issue is still present. I have no mods or CC. Caleb calls my sim to ask her to come over so he can turn her into a vampire, but every time the action just cancels out! Like redhotangel said, it's a constant loop. It does work, however, if I play as Caleb myself, and initiate the "offer to turn" on my human sim. But I prefer him offering rather than me initiating... I hope we can get more information on this if it's a bug with the game or just my PC. I do not have Get Famous downloaded or installed, and just in case it were to automatically try to download and install, I edited the game properties to disable the pack, along with many others. Before I reinstalled Origin and the Sims 4 though, I had every EP, GP, and SP installed but two SPs, but they were not running (I disabled many of them, including Get famous, so there's no way any sims had the "no touching" quirk.)

Message 9 of 27 (14,804 Views)

★ Guide

I had this problem with Caleb. I had saves before the offer to turn. I reloaded, went into manage worlds and played Caleb. I found out that he couldn't turn my sim because his energy bar was almost completely depleted. So, the only way for him to be able to turn would be to replenish his energy.

Caleb has always seemed tired in game, but now he seems exhausted all the time.

Message 10 of 27 (14,778 Views)