[WORKAROUND] Unable to access doors unlocked to specific sims (Patch 1.73)

by divingpro380218

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Unable to access doors unlocked to specific sims (Patch 1.73)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39.7.2300 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, University, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install a door to a room with more than one family member, unlock it to a specific sim and try too access it
What happens when the bug occurs? I have a kids bedroom with a door locked specifically to everyone but two of the family members. However. when I tell a family member to whom the door is unlocked to complete an action in the room, the bubble appears telling me they can't access it. There is nothing blocking the doorway, inside the room or out. Also the other household sims to whom the door is locked go in there on their own and then get stuck. I´m also unable to pick plates up off the same bedroom floor as it tells me I need trash can or a sink, both of which I have.
What do you expect to see? A sim who has access to room not being able to access it, and other family members entering on their own getting stuck. Collect plate action greyed out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Everything is explained above as didn't see this box

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (584 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to access doors unlocked to specific sims

Hero
@divingpro380218 Could you try turning the door the other way ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (572 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@divingpro380218 Could you try turning the door the other way ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (573 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict woooow, that was a quick easy fix, thank you!!
Message 3 of 3 (560 Views)