[WORKAROUND] Time Control Keys stop working after a while

by minky7

Original Post

Sims 4 Bugs

★ Newbie

I pre ordered and pre loaded the Sims 4, and let me say...I am EXTREMELY unhappy with this game.  The SIms 3 had much more actual gameplay and the Sims 4 took all that away.  I was hoping for a more realistic edge with the Sims 4, but you have made it less.  I just want to say that I miss the age groups and the interactions between them from the Sims 3.  NO MORE TODDLERS?!

My actual reason for writing this, though, was not to start a huge list of the multiple reasons why I am thoroughly disappointed in the Sims 4.  Almost every time I start the game, the num pad 1-3 doesn't work to change the time speed (Yes, I have my num lock on).  When  restart the game, however, it usually fixes the issue.  The num pad is important to me, though, so I would appreciate it if you could address the bug and fix it in a timely manner.  Thanks!

Message 51 of 79 (1,937 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Bugs

Hero

@Midnightears Hi, try pressing the p or ESC key. That seems to make the 1-2-3 work again.

I've merged your thread with the bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 79 (1,922 Views)

Gameplay controls bug

★★ Novice

When the game is first loaded, the keyboard commands ` 1 2 3 to control the game speed don't work (although using the mouse to click the related buttons does). After traveling, the gamespeed keyboard shortcuts will start working again.

Message 53 of 79 (1,910 Views)

Re: Time Control Keys stop working after a while. Restart does not resolve

Hero

@jbkenney Merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 79 (1,907 Views)

issue with speed controls

★★★ Newbie

dosnt matter what household or save game, every now and then i won't be able to change the speed by using the number pad 1, 2 and 3 keys. 
ive tried turning number lock on and off and re starting the game but nothing definent fixes it, it seems to resolve itself anywhere from in the first 5 minutes to 30.

Similar when my sims are sleeping or at work, the game wont automatically super speed by itself and all i can do it wait out the sim hours at 3rd speed

Message 55 of 79 (1,920 Views)

Re: issue with speed controls

Community Manager (retired)
I've found that in certain cases pressing 4 and then cycling through 1,2 & 3 brings the game back to super speed.
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 56 of 79 (1,914 Views)

Re: issue with speed controls

★★★★ Novice

Have you tried hitting enter on your keyboard? (:

Message 57 of 79 (1,911 Views)

Hero

@MooMooTissue Merged. The super speed thing also has it's thread somewhere.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 79 (1,905 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Added information to the speed control:  this worked fine for me until this morning (29/9/2014), which began with the downloading of a load of patches.  Beginning to wonder whether all the things I think are bugs are in fact "features"!

Message 59 of 79 (1,898 Views)

Re: Hotkey Speeds for Sims 4 doesnt work sometimes

★ Novice

Hey this realy works, thanks!

I complained about this 2 times and never got an answer from EA.

It´s realy anoying to play without 123 to control the speed.

Maybe you should provide this solution somewhere more public???

Message 60 of 79 (1,905 Views)