by minky7

Original Post

Re: Time Control Keys stop working after a while. Restart does not resolve

Hero

Thanks for confirming

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 79 (10,760 Views)

Can't control time with keyboard

★★★★★ Newbie

On my laptop I have to restart Sims 4 very often because after the first start i can't control the time with the keys 1, 2 and 3 (I made sure that my num pad is on and furthermore it also doesn't work with the other keys for numbers on my keyboard) anymore. It often needs more than one restart (three times on average) until the problem is solved.

Message 42 of 79 (10,773 Views)

Re: Can't control time with keyboard

★★★ Apprentice

This might sound weird but does the 'p' key work for you? Often the `,1,2, & 3 keys don't work for me when I first load up the game. I figured out I have to pause and then unpause it once (both using the p key), and then the other keyboard controls start working again. Could be a worth a try.

Message 43 of 79 (10,791 Views)

Re: Can't control time with keyboard possible fix.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Try tapping enter on your keyboard works for me like a charm! Standard smile

Message 44 of 79 (10,788 Views)

Re: Can't control time with keyboard

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for you advice. I once tried to control the time at first with the icons and then again with the keys which didn't work but this things I haven't done exactly so I will try these the next time Standard smile

Message 45 of 79 (10,783 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem. I've found work arounds that only sometimes work.

Restarting the game - doesn't work often enough maybe 1/10 times or less

Opening the Game Settings and changing something (basically anything) sometimes works.

Basically what I've noticed is that when this happens my number pad (which I use most of the time) stops registering them as numbers and instead treats the number pad like number lock is off. It also makes scrolling with up, down, left, and right a lot faster. My normal number keys don't work at all.

Maybe to some this would seem a minor inconvenience but for me it's pretty big, I can deal with it it just gets really annoying. I've been playing The Sims since the first one was released and I have a certain play style which is hard to break after years upon years of playing.

I have a Razer BlackWidow keyboard if that is any help to anyone.

Message 46 of 79 (10,780 Views)

Hero

did you try hitting the p or ESC key ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 79 (10,779 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the problem with the time control keys even though i always start Sims 4 through Origin.

Message 48 of 79 (10,775 Views)

Occasionally speed buttons on keyboard do not work

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sometimes when I load the game and start playing the 1, 2 and 3 buttons on my keyboard (both sets) do not work. The M button for map and esc and the like work but the number buttons will not work. Exiting and reopening the game solves this issue.

EDIT: Just realized this had been previously reported, my error.

Message 49 of 79 (10,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thanks

@smittenkitten727 merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 79 (10,774 Views)