Re: Time Control Keys stop working after a while. Restart does not resolve

by daleylife

Original Post

Time acceleration hotkeys not working

★★★ Newbie

I searched for a previous report of this bug and couldn't find it, but sometimes when I start the game the hotkeys for time acceleration (Num pad 0, 1, 2, and 3) do not work.  Restarting the game doesn't fix it, and the only fix I've found so far is a complete reboot of my computer.

Message 11 of 79 (1,231 Views)

Re: Time acceleration hotkeys not working

★★★ Newbie

Hiya, This is a known bug and restarting should help. However I should add, I sometimes have had to restart twice in a row to get it to work. 

The bug is also reported here :  http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-Bugs/m-p/3445209#U344520...

So you might want to keep an eye out on that thread to see if it has gotten fixed or not!

Message 12 of 79 (1,227 Views)

Hero

Someone in the German forum had luck with repairing the game

Right click on the game in Origin and choose repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 79 (992 Views)

Re: Time acceleration hotkeys not working

Hero

@Athalon020 Merged you in here

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 79 (989 Views)

★ Novice
This happened to me too!! But after a while they randomly started working again!! I was playing around with the graphics beforehand so maybe that did something I'm not too sure :/
Message 15 of 79 (990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I experience this every time I start the game. Just go to the options menu and click around a bit. Then go back to the game, it seems to fix it for me.

Message 16 of 79 (985 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just want to chime in. I ususally have this issue when I start up the game. After about 5 minutes of play, they start working. So, yeah, there's a bug with the time controls.

Message 17 of 79 (982 Views)

Hero

Thanks for all your input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 79 (979 Views)

Number keys dont control game speed on sims 4 any more. How do I fix this?

★ Novice

I can no longer speed up or slow down the game with the number keys.  I have to click the speed up/pause or slow down buttons instead

Message 19 of 79 (991 Views)

Re: Number keys dont control game speed on sims 4 any more. How do I fix this?

★ Novice

Fixed the problem by new sim.  Moved them in and now working fine with original sim

Message 20 of 79 (990 Views)