Re: Can't finish writing songs

by Dorabella123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Can't finish writing songs

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

(No this is not a bug report for the issue containing a bug where the sims can't cancel writing songs, this is a separate issue)

Issue

Upon reaching the last few seconds of writing a song (violin) the sheet music gets thrown in my inventory along with my violin, when i go into my inventory and press "resume ___" the action does 1 of two things:

1) Does nothing

2) Shows the task cued but immediately disappears thus doing nothinga

Steps you took for Issue to occur

> Violin > Write song (all types do it) > Wait til the last bit of progress (usually seconds from finishing) > Open inventory > attempt to use the "resume writing song" action. 

Picture

N/A as the bug happens instantly and there is no way to capture it very well.

Where does the bug occur ?

All saves, any place inside the game.

Mods/CC

No Mods

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

OR GTW LSP PPSP SD GT

Occurring since

Nothing was changed in the game that may have led to an instability of my issue. 

Operating system

Windows 10 Home

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 7 (31,984 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I know this is a super old post, but I was having the exact same problem and this is the only place I could find someone else with the same issue. It turns out that if your Sim's instrument is in their inventory when you're trying to finish songs, this can happen. At least it did in my case, anyways. If you try taking the instrument out of your inventory and try finishing the sheet music, again it should work. I don't mean to necro, but I want to help the next guy who runs into this issue, because there isn't a lot on the internet about this specific problem.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (34,562 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @BornInDeeBush

does it only happen on the violin or on all instruments ? Does it happen only for one certain Sim or for all of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (31,965 Views)

★★ Novice

I know this is a super old post, but I was having the exact same problem and this is the only place I could find someone else with the same issue. It turns out that if your Sim's instrument is in their inventory when you're trying to finish songs, this can happen. At least it did in my case, anyways. If you try taking the instrument out of your inventory and try finishing the sheet music, again it should work. I don't mean to necro, but I want to help the next guy who runs into this issue, because there isn't a lot on the internet about this specific problem.

Message 3 of 7 (34,563 Views)

Hero

Could be connected to the write jingle issue that also doesn't work from inventory.

Thanks for posting

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (31,884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Thank you.  Taking the instrument out of the sim's inventory worked perfectly and she was then able to name and licence her songs.  

Message 5 of 7 (31,635 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND/TO ADD] Can't finish writing songs

★★★★ Novice

Again, I know this is an old post but I have been having the same problem with guitar.

I have a sim and I keep having her write songs. It takes a very long time for the circle to fill up and usually her needs like sleep or bathroom interrupt the completion of the song. I didn’t realize for a while that the unfinished songs are in the inventory, there were 14. When I click on one to complete it, it still takes a very long time and her needs again usually take over and she cannot complete anything. 

There are a few guitars on the lot, none in the inventory. 

Message 6 of 7 (23,075 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND/TO ADD] Can't finish writing songs

[ Edited ]
Hero

@caittorr It always took a long time so it seems natural the needs get in the way. Do you have actually troubles continuing afterwards ?

If you feel it needs tuning, it's best to create a thread in general discussion.

If you can't complete them at all from the sheet music, create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (23,060 Views)