Re: Spy Bug Effect Stuck On Sim

by AstralynGames

Original Post

Re: How to remove spy bug effect?

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Cowttie 

I'm afraid the workaround here is the only way to get rid of it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Spy-Bug-Effect-Stuck-On-Sim/m-p/7659005

I know cheating on console isn't ideal

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 19 (1,852 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The fix won't work for me, because I have no mods.  I'd be happy to hear any ideas on how to fix it without them.

Message 12 of 19 (2,457 Views)

★★ Novice

how did you use both the cheats please, none of this is working for me im about to kill this guys wife wanda because shes a bugged conspiracy theorist and the flashing is driving me nuts

Message 13 of 19 (1,788 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was never fixed for me...it drove me crazy, but I left it alone and eventually he died...but it was so annoying.  They need to add an option to remove those bugs from a sim when a sim selects himself...I could especially see suspicious/paranoid sims checking themselves for such things.

Message 14 of 19 (1,776 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Spy Bug Effect Stuck On Sim

★★ Guide

Same thing here: buff_ListeningDevice_bugged in the Moodlets/Buffs info when checked with SimsInfo, 'n keeps on blinking.

The only bug-planting sim he's ever met (relatively new sim) cannot listen in on him, nor plant a new bug. I am guessing she planted the bug, but maybe she didn't listen in on him yet, and I switched families and played a long time with other households. I honestly cannot remember.

The blinking sim is a Sage, and I have revamped the Magic HQ a couple of times, so no idea if that could have broken the spy bug. Maybe it short-circuited! 

Since I treat this sim mostly as npc (what with being a sage and all), I'm not bothered so much that I'd start messing with another strong mod like that, just reporting here in the hopes that the devs will develop in-game cheats to match the issues that need occasional fixing.

Message 15 of 19 (1,707 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It seems to me that any Sim selected to work the Curio shop stall will be "bugged" by the Feds and will remain "bugged" even after they're not manning the stall or have been relieved of the duty. In the saves where the original stall vendor Erwin had died (or at times wasn't the only one manning it that day), the other Curio shop vendors all appeared bugged with a spy bug, and no other conspiracy theorists were. I think it's meant to be intended that they were to stay "bugged" bc the Feds would want to keep a close eye on the Curio Shop vendors when they spout their nonsense that in Strangerville's case, is usually more truth than fiction...

Message 16 of 19 (1,699 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm being told this is the intended design. The Curio Shop owner is always "bugged" even when invited to another lot, or added to the household. The dev team does not consider this issue to be a "bug". Hah, I amuse myself Standard smile

Thanks much! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 19 (10,039 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Why not just give people the option to turn the effect off, like with the fame shine effect?

It would make everyone who is annoyed by this happy. Standard smile 

Message 18 of 19 (1,618 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Spy Bug Effect Stuck On Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

You probably don't have this issue anymore but I have found a fix as I also had this issue.

If you download Paulson's NPCC mod and click on the sim with the Conspiracy Theorist Bug and click Remove NPC Job, the bug should go away for good. Hope that helps!

(CM: Edited to remove link to modded content. Please review this thread for more on mod links and AHQ)

Message 19 of 19 (1,225 Views)