[WORKAROUND] Sim has Mermaid Discovered trait (never been mermaid)

by fishonamission

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Sim has Mermaid Discovered trait (never been mermaid)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino Stuff and Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This may be exclusively a result of the November 2019 patch. OR Have a family with a female spellcaster and a male mermaid, parents of a spellcaster toddler. Move the family from Glimmerbrook to Sulani.
What happens when the bug occurs? The spellcaster sim uses mermaid animations in the ocean and in the bathtub. When entering the ocean, she does the mermaid flip. She does not have a tail, and she swims around normally, but she flips as if she was transforming when entering and leaving the ocean. When using a bathtub she does the "tail flap" to kick her legs/feet outside of the bathtub. Her human legs/feet hang out of the bathtub bent at an odd angle. She also seems to be unable to take baths with soaks, similar to another bug I saw reported. [EDIT] - She does have the option to use the soaks, but acts like she cannot path to them when directed to use them. She can take a normal bath in the same tub. Eating mermadic kelp had absolutely no effect on her - I tried twice and only got the moodlet for eating produce.
What do you expect to see? I expect my non-mermaid sims to use normal human animations when interacting with the ocean and bathtubs. I also expect all sims to be able to take baths with soaks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 2019 Patch

My spellcaster sim started using mermaid animations when entering the ocean and using bathtubs. She swims normally and does not have a tail, but she does the flipping transition when entering the ocean, and hangs her legs/feet out of the bathtub at an odd angle when taking a bath.

She also seems to be unable to take baths with soaks. [EDIT] - She does have the option to use the soaks, but acts like she cannot path to them when directed to use them. She can take a normal bath in the same tub.

I can't remember if this happened after moving her and her mermaid partner to Sulani or after the November patch.

I tried having her eat Mermadic kelp twice, and it had no effect on her at all. She only got the moodlet for eating produce.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 46 (6,689 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Human (spellcaster) sim using mermaid animations

[ Edited ]
Hero

@fishonamission Did you completely create her from scratch or download from the gallery ?

The Sim has a mermaid discovered trait what seems to be causing the issue

You can use the cheat: traits.remove_trait occultMermaid_discovered  to remove that trait

She should be fine after that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 46 (6,513 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@fishonamission Was your spellcaster ever a mermaid ?

To be sure, the issue in your scenario with the female spellcaster and the male mermaid and toddler is with the female spellcaster, not with the toddler being an adult now ? Meaning, we're not talking about a possible hybrid scenario

Could you upload the affected Sim to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 46 (6,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrictYes - the problem is with the adult female spellcaster. She has never been a mermaid. She is also a first generation sim, so no mermaid in her family tree anywhere.

I've tried using the console to remove her spellcaster status, then to add and remove the mermaid status, but when that didn't work I reloaded the save.

I've uploaded the Farr family to the Gallery. The problem is with Giovanna Farr.

Message 3 of 46 (6,590 Views)

Hero
@fishonamission I will check her out later.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 46 (6,559 Views)

★ Guide
@fishonamission I'm also having this problem with my Spellcaster sim! Acts like she can't find a path to take a soak in her bathub, while bathing has her legs stretched out into the mermaid tail pose and also does mermaid animations when entering the ocean in Sulani.
Message 5 of 46 (6,548 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I think it's a general bug that whenever a Sim has been in contact with mermaid coding they will forever keep the water flip and diverse bathtub problems. I have the same problem with 2 ex-mermaids whom I turned back to human with kelp. It has happened also before the recent patches.

Message 6 of 46 (6,542 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 You never made a thread though, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 46 (6,538 Views)

★★★★ Pro

No, because it didn't bother me enough. But I will try!

Message 8 of 46 (6,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@fishonamission Did you completely create her from scratch or download from the gallery ?

The Sim has a mermaid discovered trait what seems to be causing the issue

You can use the cheat: traits.remove_trait occultMermaid_discovered  to remove that trait

She should be fine after that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 46 (6,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrictThanks - that seems to work.

I don't know if any more context would help people who also have this problem, but just in case:

I created the female spellcaster from scratch. She lived alone in Glimmerbrook for a while. She met mermaid (merman?) Paka'a Uha and moved him in with her in Glimmerbrook. Everything was fine at this point.

She had a baby with Paka'a Uha, stayed in Glimmerbrook. Again - all her animations stayed fine. When the baby aged up into Toddler I moved their family to Sulani, which is when I noticed her animations change.

The remove trait cheat you gave worked to remove it. She can now take baths normally and can take baths with soaks.

Message 10 of 46 (6,501 Views)