Re: Custom Content Badge Showing But No CC Used In Household

Hero

Hi @motozumba

merged your post with existing thread.

Try the workaround

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 158 (1,213 Views)

Household has no CC but has CC symbol

★★ Novice

Hello all.

Don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I have recently tried to upload a new household to the Community however after checking back I could not find the aforementioned household. Turns out that apparently I needed to check the 'Custom Content' box under Advanced Options even though I know for a fact that I only used the official items that come with The Sims 4 franchise. Problem is I have never downloaded any CCs or mods so I am not even sure what CCs the game is talking about. I have never had this problem before and have successfully uploaded 4 households without CCs or the CC symbol intact (meager, I know). It is only after I have downloaded and installed all the possible packs that come with this game that this happened.

Hopefully a simple fix will be able to solve this as I don't think its fair that non-CC users won't be downloading my household because they think it has CC.

Thanks,

Early 2011 El Capitan Macbook Pro User

Message 62 of 158 (1,204 Views)

Re: Sims 4 gallery not saving anything

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict wrote:

You're not the only one having issues.

If you can save to the gallery now, can you try the following

• Save your Sim to your library from the game. It will probably be marked as containing cc
  • Close your game and start a new one
  • Load the Sim from the library
  • Reupload through CAS again.

Does it still show as containing custom content when you do it that way ?

This workaround is very effective but I am wondering about the cause and will it be fixed?
Within the past two weeks I uploaded a residential lot, a room and a couple of households.
The lots / rooms do not seem to show the Wrench / Custom Content icon.
One was a Single Sim household of a game created Sim I restyled and uploaded for me to play later.
The other household has five Sims of mine that I have been playing for a while.
Valeda has been earned all the traits except a few job related ones. She started as a single Sim of my creation.
The rest have been Born-In-Game.
Valeda Tivona Triplets G6

My game includes all the available EPs / SPs / GPs and am patched to date.
There are Zero Mods and Zero CC (never have been) in my game.
It is frustrating enough to have to take extra steps to upload Sims whn you know what to do.
But what about those who cannot figure out what happened.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 63 of 158 (1,255 Views)

Hero

There will be a blog post when it's not fixed in the next patch.

Pretty sure EA is aware of this but I don't know when it will be fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 158 (1,254 Views)

Re: Household has no CC but has CC symbol

Hero

Hi @HoshiKuran

merged your post with the current bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 65 of 158 (1,250 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey @crinrict

Thanks for directing me to the workaround, it works wonders! Hope they get it fixed soon though as the CC symbol doesn't even seem to be working at all since uploads which are obviously CC-ed do not even have the symbol. So I guess it's effectively redundant at this stage.

Thanks again though! Large smile

Happy Simmin!

Message 66 of 158 (1,239 Views)

Household Stuck with CC flag?

★ Apprentice

I moved my mods folder to my desktop and started a new game. I imported a favorite household, replacing any missing CC items with official ones. However, when saving the household, it was still flagged as having CC. Is this normal? Is the household stuck with the CC flag forever, or is there something else I can do to 'clean' it?

Message 67 of 158 (1,218 Views)

Re: Household Stuck with CC flag?

Hero

Hi @MythInformed

I merged your post with existing bug report.

Can you try the workaround posted

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 158 (1,207 Views)

★ Apprentice

The workaround doesn't seem to be working for me. Doesn't matter if I save the household to the local Library or to the Gallery, if I start a new game with them then try uploading, the flag persists. At this point, I don't think there's anything I can do until Maxis fixes the problem. Plum knows how many bugs the 'fix' will bring, though. :/

Message 69 of 158 (1,192 Views)

Hero

Do you have any Custom content in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 70 of 158 (1,190 Views)