[WORKAROUND] Sims uploaded to the gallery wrongly marked as modded

by Hoskins_Origin

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] Sims uploaded to the gallery wrongly marked as modded

EA Sims Team

@Sparkiekong

Thank you!  Do you remember when these Sims were created, and when you removed the CC from them?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 111 of 158 (1,853 Views)

★ Guide

Karin Makoto-Stafford household was the most recent one. I last played her mid-late July, so everyone else would have been before that. I just removed CC in the last week or so in preparation for upcoming Oct patch that got delayed until Nov. 

Message 112 of 158 (1,844 Views)

★ Guide

I was going through my files and I found a copy of Hima Makoto Household as elders with a toddler created in April 2018. I loaded them up and adjusted the ages and pick a new hair style for the toddler, but it was flagged CC and the new one is acting correct and says the creation date is today October 2018. They should be on the gallery too, both copies because it's just plain weird. Is it possible that this could be an issue that is only occurring with sims/builds that were created during a specific time of the year? 

Message 113 of 158 (1,836 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Sparkiekong

Not sure...  We'll look into it.  Thanks a lot for all of the additional info!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 114 of 158 (1,823 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Sparkiekong

It looks like the outfits on some of the Sims got corrupted somehow.  I'm not sure how this happened, but I found a possible workaround you can try.  If you have Get to Work, try taking the affected Sims to a lot with mannequins.  Then have each Sim "Try On Outfit" on a mannequin, then click on the Sim >  Outfits... > Change Outfit... , and have the Sim switch to another outfit.  This may fix it.  Then save, and try to upload the household to Gallery again.

Message 115 of 158 (1,790 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you. I will give this a shot as soon as I'm able (likely tomorrow afternoon) and let you know how it works out. I appreciate all the help and quick response time.

Message 116 of 158 (1,783 Views)

★ Guide

I did as you suggested today by having everyone try on an outfit from the mannequins and thankfully it worked! Thank you very much for the assistance!

Message 117 of 158 (1,764 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Sparkiekong

You're welcome :eahigh_file:

Message 118 of 158 (1,761 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

For future folks with the same issue as I had... I want to specify that when using the mannequins it will help on 99.99 % of issues with households being marked as modded when they're actually not. The thing to keep in mind is what type of outfit they have on. 

For example when you first created the sim... did you pick randomly through all categories or just the styled look category?

• If you picked random items of clothing in first creating your sim, then using a styled look on the mannequin should fix it.
  • If you used styled look category in first creating your sim,  then you'll want to randomly pick from all categories for the mannequin to be able to fix the issue.
  • You can also try to let the mannequin choose a random selection as one of it's options. This was also acceptable to fix corrupted outfits.

I had one family that just would not fix no matter what I tried with the mannequins. In that instance making identical twins and deleting the originals would work. The mannequin is a much better and easier solution to try first though. I wouldn't have ever thought to try the mannequins, it's a feature I don't use at all so I still want to thank SimsQARobo for helping me out.

p.s. Not sure if it matters, but I had aliens and vampires change into dark forms and disguises and try the outfit on as well as their non-disguise form. I just figured it'd be good to cover all the bases since you can have different outfits for each category in both versions of aliens(human disguise/normal) and vampires (Dark form/normal).

Message 119 of 158 (1,750 Views)

Sorry for reviving this old post but I have found what ma...

★★ Novice

Sorry for reviving this old post but I have found what may cause problems, if your lot has things created by your family (paints, woodwork etc.) And possibly any collectables then It'll flag it as CC.

Message 120 of 158 (1,433 Views)