Re: saving sims to library says contains CC when it doesn't

by engramplays

Original Post

saying modded whan i have no mods installed

★★★ Apprentice

i've just reuploaded some families with no cc as i have none in my game and its saying their modded plz help 

Message 41 of 158 (14,946 Views)

Re: saying modded whan i have no mods installed

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Does it let you un-check "Modded" when you are uploading it? I had this problem before, but I haven't since I got a new drive and re-installed the game. (I'm not saying that's what should be done, but that's when mine fixed)

But now the only problem I'm having with my game is that when trying to load into a household in Live mode, it just sits there at the loading screen for DECADES.

Message 42 of 158 (15,034 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims uploaded to the gallery wrongly marked as modded

★★ Novice

I've experienced this glitch as well while trying to save my household to the Library. I do not use custom content or mods in my game.

The work-around that has worked for me is:

1. Before trying to save your household and/or lot, uncheck Online Features Access. This turns off the gallery feature.

2. Load your game and then save your household and/or lot to the Library.

3. Since you are in effect "off-line" you should be able to see your household and lots in your library without having to check mark to Include Custom Content under Advanced in the Library.

This glitch doesn't seem to really have anything to do with the gallery from what I can tell. It's the game itself falsely tagging saved content as having custom content. It may have something to do with having the Online Features Access turned on. As since I've been playing with this turned off. I can save households/lots just fine.

Message 43 of 158 (15,030 Views)

★★★★ Guide

All my Sims are using poses replacements and just one or another are being flagged. Some of my friends are not using this CC but still having the same problem. So I think it's not the point.
I believe that happened to me because long time ago I used to have some skins and eyes replacements but for some reason my gallery was recognizing with CC even if I'm not using anymore.

My recommendation is: Don't use ANY eyes or skin replacement for now.

Message 44 of 158 (15,027 Views)

Hero

I've never used any replacements of any kind and it's still happening to me too.

I do use mods though so that might be the issue for me.

It might also have to do with downloading something from the gallery.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 158 (15,024 Views)

Hero

@hellsace555wrote:

i've just reuploaded some families with no cc as i have none in my game and its saying their modded plz help 

Merged your post with existing bug report.

Happening to many since the last patch.

Do you also have no mods ? Nothing custom content at ALL ? Did you downloads stuff from the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 158 (15,016 Views)

★★ Novice
Hello, I am having this same issue. I don't use CC or Mods. These are all in my personal gallery and not uploaded for the public. I did click on include custom content and all of my households showed up there. New save, same thing. This explains why I couldn't find some of my unplayed households.
Message 47 of 158 (15,001 Views)

Re: saving sims to library says contains CC when it doesn't

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This has been an issue for a while now but is actually WORSE after the last patch.

Default replacement textures get flagged as CC, which is kind of fair enough but also kind of ridiculous. It's random as to what it will not flag (eg. default replacement skintone textures) and what it will flag (eg. default replacement eye textures). Further, even if you use no CC on a lot but a sim that is wearing an item flagged as CC is living on or even visiting the lot at the time you upload, the lot will get flagged as "modded". This indiscriminate flagging of sims and lots as "modded", even when they're standing next to something that is actually modded but are not modded themselves, is just plain bad coding and shows that the changes were not tested when the patch was released.

Example of this in my game - I made a lot that only contained the new rooms that came with Romantic Garden Stuff. Absolutely no CC was used in building the lot, only the rooms from the game library. A sim that had no CC other than default replacement underwear textures was actively visiting the lot (ie. I was controlling it). When I uploaded the lot to my library so that I could re-use the park later, it flagged it as modded. This is definitely overzealous game code because the sim does not get uploaded with the lot and thus the lot should be absolutely unaffected by whatever content is present on the sim.

Message 48 of 158 (14,789 Views)

★★★ Pro

I am also having this issue with lots I created.  I never used custom content or mods in my game.  My builds are being flagged as CC.

Message 49 of 158 (14,973 Views)

Re: Issue with saving onto the gallery

★★★★★ Newbie

Sorry for such an incredibly late reply! It only happens when I am playing an existing game.

Message 50 of 158 (14,964 Views)