Re: Sims 4 gallery not saving anything

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Sims uploaded to the gallery wrongly marked as modded

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

After the new update fir the 16th aniversy all my household say they use custom content however i hate using mods and cc and its a bug on top of that it wont save household to gallery i was told to post on here to ask for help by the sims page on facebook i really want this issue solved fast ive tried repairing the game and it didnt work this all started after the update

Message 1 of 158 (8,886 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

You're not the only one having issues.

If you can save to the gallery now, can you try the following

• Save your Sim to your library from the game. It will probably be marked as containing cc
  • Close your game and start a new one
  • Load the Sim from the library
  • Reupload through CAS again.

Does it still show as containing custom content when you do it that way ?

If above solution doesn't help, please try this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Sims-uploaded-to-the-gallery-wrongly-marked-as-modd...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 158 (10,068 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Not sure what's going on with the flag.

Did you never have any custom content and never downloaded anything that was flagged as custom content ?

As for uploading: Are you getting an error or is it simply not showing ? If it's the later, did you mark include cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 158 (8,682 Views)

Re: saving sims to library says contains CC when it doesn't

★★★ Apprentice

That actually makes sense... The career outfits.  I noticed when using the new filters for custom content that the unlocked career outfits always show up under the cc filter for some reason.  Could be the issue.

Message 3 of 158 (7,665 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Yes i check cc but no i never used custom content ever it was right after the update it did this and also even with cc check it wont save it did this to all my household in my save games
Message 4 of 158 (8,675 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Btw i never downloaded anythimg with cc the households that are effect are my own creation
Message 5 of 158 (8,666 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Im gonna be honest im disapointed with EA and their customer service i want direct contact from the workers but it seems all i get is the community and it bugs me everytime i need direct help it always says i have to do it with the community
Message 6 of 158 (8,658 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You can try if the devs answer you on twitter. There's probably nothing CS can do atm and so they sent you here to see if anyone in the community has found a work around. I'm sure if there's enough people with the issue, they will forward.

It might be a legit bug and I tried on my own game but since I did have mods in (although removed to test), my results might be biased.

I can try on a fresh setup later.

Are you Sims in any active career or have unlocked any special clothing in current ones ? 

Also could you please do me a favor and use the edit button on the post (on the cog wheel) to add stuff to your posts if no one has answered ? Makes it a bit easier to keep up with the all your answers

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 158 (8,648 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Edit on what srry i dont have alot probs and so i dont use this alot no its random some sims are wearing stuff originally in the game and its cc or some are wearing things from stuff packs like movie hangout out door retreat etc. u get the point all of which ive bought and are created by not me but EA
Message 8 of 158 (8,644 Views)

Hero

Do you get an error message when trying to save to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 158 (8,633 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Honestly i found the saves i had to go to advance settings so the new question is why when im not using custom content is it labeled as cc i been speaking to EA for hours went to 5 diffrent ppl then stoped when i was supposed to get transfered and didnt im contacting a manager on monday i had poor experience with customer care and believe me its agitating none could resolve it i been talking to them for at least 3 hours not including wait time
Message 10 of 158 (8,626 Views)