Re: SIM reported as having CC

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims uploaded to the gallery wrongly marked as modded

★★ Novice

My family says it's modded when it's not. Originally it did have cc but before I uploaded it I disabled mods in game and got rid of the thing that was cc. I tried mutiple fixes but I can't seem to figure it out. I tried turning off the online acess in game, I tried taking out the mods folder and deleating the cache files anf I am at a lost.

Message 141 of 158 (783 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@SimQARobo wrote:

Hello @khitteh 

Is there anything in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\ folder (other than Resource.cfg)?

Yes, but no CC mods. None at all.

In one case all I changed on a character that had previously been okay by game as being unmodded, was to adopt a dog. Soon as I adopted the dog I went to save the character and his new dog and BAM! magically now the game thinks the character (and new dog) was modded. No outfit changes, no hair changes, nothing - just an adopted dog I got from using the game's adoption agency.

This happens soon as any character gets a family (children) as well. Character is okay by game and marked as unmodded, they have a baby and suddenly game thinks they are modded (no outfit changes no hair changes, just a stupid baby).

Again, I use no CC mods at all - no hair no face whatevers no poses no skin no clothes, nothing.

Message 142 of 158 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've started making a brand new modless save file and meticulously saved every family from my modded save and imported them into a modless save. I've also had trouble with importing a family that had CC, letting the game remove the CC from the household, and it still getting flagged for having CC. 

One of the things I did was taking one sim that I knew was being flagged and making a twin of her, making sure they had all of the same outfits. The twin wasn't being flagged, but the original still was. I used Sims 4 Studio to compare the two sims, and what I found was that the original had extra outfits that the twin did not have. They were listed as having a category of 0x00000006, 0x00000007, and 0x00000008. When I removed all the outfits with those categories (Edit: through Sims 4 Studio, not in-game...) , the original was no longer flagged as having CC. 

Any idea what those categories are? (0x00000006, 0x00000007, and 0x00000008)

Are they created by mods and just aren't being removed when importing from the gallery?

The twin only had outfit categories of...

0x00000000

0x00000001
0x00000002
0x00000003
0x00000004
0x00000009
0x0000000A

0x0000000B

Message 143 of 158 (556 Views)

Hero
@MercAB3 Interesting

Did you have any mods that added/changed outfits ? Were the twins ingame born ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 144 of 158 (536 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The CC-flagged sim was created in CAS and has had a very long life. There have been mods to add default overrides, including changes to default underwear and overrides to make certain career outfits available for other outfits. 

The twin was created specifically for troubleshooting this issue. I had imported my CC-flagged sim from my gallery into the 'no mods' game (Mods folder completely deleted), and it remained flagged. Then, I used "Play with Genetics" to create her twin, and wiped all of the outfits of both sims. Just default underwear. Then, I split the household. The CC-flagged sim remained flagged, and the twin was not flagged.

That's when I used Sims 4 Studio to look at the Save Game Data, and I noticed the flagged sim had those extra outfits. I don't know if they were career outfits, or situation outfits, like clubs, festivals, etc., but when I used studio to remove those outfits, that's when the CC flag was cleared.

Message 145 of 158 (530 Views)

Hero
@MercAB3 Thank you for the info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 146 of 158 (510 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did a little more digging into my own question from earlier about what outfits 6, 7, and 8 were.

Outfit 5 is the bathing outfit, 6 is the Career outfit, 7 is a Situation outfit (Not sure what that's used for), and 8 is a Special outfit (again, no idea what it's used for). These are all outfits normally not accessible to the player to modify. My suspicion is that the game can only handle resetting outfits 0 through 4 (everyday, formal, athletic, sleep, party), and 9 through 11 (swimwear, hot weather, cold weather) whenever there is missing CC. It doesn't seem to be able to reset 5 through 8. So, if any mods have impacted those outfits, that's likely what's causing a sim to remain flagged.

What the game should do -- and I guess I'm drifting into suggestionville here -- is just delete those outfits when loading a sim from the gallery if any CC in them is missing. The game should just regenerate them if they're needed again.

I don't know about outfit 12 since that's Batuu and I don't have that pack.

Message 147 of 158 (474 Views)

Hero
@MercAB3 Situational outfits are the outfits the NPCs wear when in specific situation. Like walkbys in the vampire world, tourists in CL, festivals, etc.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 148 of 158 (464 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@MercAB3 Sorry to butt in, if possible, could you explain how you were able to use use the Save Game Data to see your Sims Outfits in S4S? I'm having this issue as well, and I'm interested in trying what you've done Standard smile
Message 149 of 158 (435 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@RaiinbowG I don't actually recommend editing the save via S4S. What I did was pretty risky and it took 3 hours to go through the entire save file to remove all the hidden outfits. I also don't actually run the save file I edited. I only did that for research. I've since come up with a much faster and more reliable way.

The way that I have now is a script mod derived from the Reset Bathing Outfit mod originally written by Lynire and maintained by LittleMsSam. The original mod is on Mod The Sims if you want to check that out, but it only resets bathing outfits. I have not uploaded my edited script anywhere, since I don't have the original authors' permission. My guess is that I'd have to ask Sam?

My edited script can reset any of the hidden outfits, or even all of them at once. If you'd like, I can try sending that to you in a DM, with instructions on how to run it. Send me a DM if you want to try it.

Message 150 of 158 (415 Views)