Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Sims get stuck behind stairs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Mac 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Get Together, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Perfect Patio Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place stairs in the basement and build a wall to enclose the back/side of the stairs. Then have a sim use the stairs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim using the stairs ends up in the two empty spaces in the enclosure under the stairs and cannot get out because they are trapped by a wall on three sides and the staircase in front of them.
What do you expect to see? The sim to "exit" the stairs at the top or bottom instead of underneath and behind.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

stuck-behind-stairs.png

(Yes, my mad scientist sim should have the door to her secret underground rocket silo locked for her toddler.  She was reckless.)

Message 1 of 5 (5,423 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: stuck behind stairs

Champion
This only happens to me if I go into build mode while a sim is using the stairs - they will fall through into the gap below. If that's what happened to you, then try not to go into build mode until all sims have finished using stairs.

To get the toddler out, remove the wall temporarily or use the testingcheats on mode, and teleport the toddler out by shift-clicking on the ground and choosing "teleport here".

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (5,341 Views)

All Replies

Champion
This only happens to me if I go into build mode while a sim is using the stairs - they will fall through into the gap below. If that's what happened to you, then try not to go into build mode until all sims have finished using stairs.

To get the toddler out, remove the wall temporarily or use the testingcheats on mode, and teleport the toddler out by shift-clicking on the ground and choosing "teleport here".
Message 2 of 5 (5,342 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@simvasion wrote:

@k3llybean  I suggest making an additional space at the landing of the stairs to prevent this from happening. I also routinely delete the side walls that come with the stairs. That leaves more space and saves money.

I have also experienced what @simvasion posted.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 5 (5,314 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Work around have the stuck sim leave lot by zooming out until you get a car icon not pick a new lot load lot sim appears there, now take sim back home.
Message 4 of 5 (5,295 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Sims get stuck behind stairs

Hero
So I added this. This issue has always existing and can be easily resolved but lets see how often this really happens.

There might be a similar thread on the buy/build list already so tagging @BryonyRae as well to make sure we don't get duplicates.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (5,232 Views)