Re: sims disappear from lot after going into create a sim

by Sid1701d9

Original Post

Re: Sims Can't be Called Back

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Ninjahawkz 

I moved it to the console thread as you are on console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-XB1-Sims-Showing-as-off-lot-while-at-home/m-p/7880540#M900...

@islandfampei 

merged your post with existing thread.

Please try the solutions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-Showing-as-off-lot-while-at-home/m-p/7879522#M89985

If you want you can PM me your save if you need help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 131 of 177 (1,372 Views)

sims disappear from lot after going into create a sim

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Mac
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By going into create a sim to change sims clothes or by traveling to another lot without all of my sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims disappear from the lot whenever I go into create a sim mode and all end up stuck in "care for self" and I'm never able to get them back onto the lot. I'm not able to use sims cheats to reset the sims or click on any objects because none of my sims in the household are home.
What do you expect to see? All the sims icons greyed out and whenever you hover the mouse over them it says "care for self" without any options to bring them onto the lot or get them back.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed this bug start to occur not long after I installed the get famous expansion pack, I'm also not able to use the actor career as whenever I travel to work none of the sims show up and I'm therefore unable to complete the work tasks to complete the day.

Please if anyone can offer any suggestions to stop this bug from happening would be greatly appreciated, I love playing the sims but with this bug makes it impossible to enjoy the game and have any of progress. 

Message 132 of 177 (1,351 Views)

Hero

HI @Queen-Squishy-xX 

merged your post.

Could you check if the solution in the workaround posts helps.

Also would you be willing to share your save with me ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 133 of 177 (1,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

The good news is I tested the family and had them upload the family to the library and I started a new save to see if the corrupt would spread by adding that family to the new save.  I uploaded the family from the manage household location when one of the sims was saved at the active work lot.  There was no corruption.

Edit: It might be possible that the corruption could be with uploading a lot that has a sim in the active work lot.

Message 134 of 177 (1,307 Views)

★ Novice

I keep trying to upload the save but keeps saying unsupported extension type? Sorry I've never shared my save files before D:

Message 135 of 177 (1,274 Views)

Hero

You either need to create a .rar file (use 7z or winrar to do that) or upload to google drive or onedrive and Pm me the link or post here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 136 of 177 (1,263 Views)

Re: Sims "at home," but greyed out, unplayable

★★★★ Guide
Both workarounds presented don't always work (for me). For instance, it just happened in my recent save. Luckily, I do have a third workaround (for the desperate): play another family for a few moments. Then, go back to your original family. You'll have to fix needs, etc. but it should work.
Extra note: I suggest turning off aging (all sims, the active household and NPC) in this attempt to halt progress as much as possible while you're doing this fix. However, the aging glitch is still happening with aging off and sims have been aging at random (usually nearby NPC friends). So use sparingly.
Message 137 of 177 (1,240 Views)

Re: Sims "at home," but greyed out, unplayable

Hero
In those instances where they don't work for you, do you not have a Sim stuck in an active career in either way or does the workaournd just not solve it for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 138 of 177 (1,236 Views)

problem with my sims!- they're not going home.

★★★ Newbie

Hello howya! First time posting! But I'm desesperate.

Since a couple weeks when I run Sims 4, everything's going fine until I start playing at whatever family. House or any site loads, but no sims is in the place. All sims in the unit seems to be wherelse, and I can't make them go back home, or travel, or anything. But just the family unit I'm playing with is dissapeared: all the npc are still working and doing their business.

My problem

I quit all the mods, I repaired the game, I uninstalled and reinstalled (and I have a lot of expansion packs! It was pretty boring to do that), I deleted the cache, and I deleted enough sims to be under 200 sims in my game.

What can I do? Frown I don't know what to do and I don't want to loose my file cause I spent so much time in it.

Message 139 of 177 (1,126 Views)

Re: problem with my sims!- they're not going home.

Hero

Hi @MRedRaccoon 

this is a known bug and I merged your post with the bug report on this

Try the solution given in the workaround post (first page)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 140 of 177 (1,200 Views)