Re: Greyed out Sims Household on load

by SimGuruIcarus

Original Post

Re: [CL] Sims disappear after travel

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrictSure! Can you please tell me how to do this? I am new to the forums and don't know how it all works yet!

Message 31 of 177 (1,719 Views)

Re: [CL] Sims disappear after travel

Hero

You can find instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065... and here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/4568799#M69068

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 177 (1,705 Views)

Sims and pets disappear when returning to lot.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in an apartment leave the lot for an event (restaurant, date, etc. Anything where the game takes you and the Sim to another lot) Have a pet Return to apartment
What happens when the bug occurs? The pet is greyed out as if it is not in the apartment lot, but hovering over it says that the pet is home. I cannot interact with or see the pet at all.
What do you expect to see? My pet should exist and be home when it is supposed to be home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Message 33 of 177 (1,702 Views)

Re: Sims and pets disappear when returning to lot.

Hero
Sounds similar to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-Showing-as-off-lot-while-at-home/td-p/7181756...

Might merge.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 177 (1,683 Views)

Greyed out Sims Household on load

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All currently available.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? open game and play with vampire family (VonPotts).
What happens when the bug occurs? Whole family is greyed out with the lightning bolt icon. Clicking on the icon has limited selections. Can't play family (any member) at all.
What do you expect to see? 3 active Sims + pet cat selectable, on lot, and ready to play.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have played with them right after moving them into the house. They're a new family and I didn't give them jobs yet.(I don't have the option of getting around it by traveling or bringing anyone home early.) I've tried evicting and re-moving-in the family (Worked the first time i moved them in). I've tried switching households. No mods or cc. 

Message 35 of 177 (1,663 Views)

Hero

Hi @phantvmkat

I merged your post with existing thread.

Would you be able to share your save game as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 177 (1,661 Views)

★★ Novice
Sent it! Thanks so much, in advance, for your help!
Message 37 of 177 (1,646 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thanks. I'll give it a look ion the morning but I'm unsure if there's much I can do. I think it has the tendency to come back after fixing.

I can pass it on to QA though so they can fix the bug.

@phantvmkat

This workaround: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-Showing-as-off-lot-while-at-home/m-p/7199648#... works for your game as well but as said above, not sure if it will come back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 177 (1,646 Views)

EA Staff

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to confirm that we were able to reproduce this at our end and we are investigating. 

Thanks a lot for your reports and help!

Message 39 of 177 (1,576 Views)

Sims stuck in "Take care of self" mode while on home lot after last update

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have removed all mods and localthumbcache and this issue still happens for any lot i choose. This only started immediately after the Feb 2019 update.

last exception returns this upon loading a lot. (I don't have a "T" drive?)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<root>
    <report>
        <version>2</version>
        <sessionid>d74b0e420232a0345c75cc08</sessionid>
        <type>desync</type>
        <sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
        <createtime>2019-02-26 17:31:16</createtime>
        <buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.50.67.1020-1.200.000.385.Release</buildsignature>
        <categoryid>career_event.py:262</categoryid>
        <desyncid>d74b0e420232a0345c75cc08</desyncid>
        <systemconfig/>
        <screenshot/>
        <desyncdata>[manus] sim_info_manager failed to handle zone load due to exception (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'guid64')&#xD;
        Traceback (most recent call last):&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 113, in wrapped&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 109, in finally_wrap&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 356, in c_api_client_connect&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 550, in do_zone_spin_up&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1307, in update&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 241, in on_enter&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 415, in on_zone_load&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info_manager.py", line 166, in on_zone_load&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info.py", line 3402, in on_zone_load&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_tracker.py", line 528, in on_zone_load&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3861, in on_zone_load&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 3672, in setup_career_event&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2171, in end_career_event_without_payout&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_event_manager.py", line 165, in stop&#xD;
          File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_event.py", line 262, in on_career_event_stop&#xD;
        AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'guid64'&#xD;
        rtim=0</desyncdata>
    </report>
</root>

Message 40 of 177 (1,456 Views)