[WORKAROUND] Sim grossed out while eating good food?

by LadyRenira

Original Post

Re: Fruit Cake, Decorating bake goods, and Double French Toast.

★★★★★ Guide

My Sims are having this problem as well.

It's not the neighbor fruitcake, my own Sim made the blasted thing.

Two Sims in the household ate the fruitcake and now they hate everything, even food items that are so good they have the sparklies on them. The other Sim never ate the fruitcake and reacts normally to his food.

Message 21 of 129 (3,484 Views)

Re: Sim grossed out while eating good food?

★ Novice

Same here! I played the game for the first time since the GTW came out and baked a fruitcake - all of my sims loved it but for one kid - he currently hates everything with the single exception of gummy bear pancakes (he's goofy though), still gets the positive moodlets, etc just makes faces and noises of disgust when eating. I actually thought he's just a fussy eater and googled it, and this came up...I know everyone is hating on it, but I actually like it. It brings a little more realism into the game - there's lots of fussy eaters out there who only eat bland foods!

Message 22 of 129 (3,477 Views)

★ Novice

Me too Frown Fix this bug, please!( 

Message 23 of 129 (3,423 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Wish I had read this before -.-

After sim ate good quality fruitcake they were disgusted and every time they eat now they make faces as if they food is bad even though the quality is excellent and received a happy moodlet. 

Message 24 of 129 (3,384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I finally found a way to fix this.  I used the "enable advanced debug/cheat interactions" mod by clown on Mod the Sims.  Three of the five sims in my household were always grossed out by food.  All three had a hidden trait called "Gourmet Fruitcake", shift-clicking on those sims and selecting Cheat Sim Info... > Remove Trait... and removing Gourmet Fruitcake fixed the problem. 

If you don't want to install any mods try enabling testing cheats (testingcheats on) and try typing traits.remove_trait GourmetFruitcake

Unfortunately I removed the trait from my sims using the mod so I'm not sure if this will work using the cheat console, you may have to try different variations of the Gourmet Fruitcake trait name.
Edit:  Made a fruitcake to try the traits.remove_trait cheat but couldn't get it to work.

Message 25 of 129 (3,351 Views)

★ Novice

I've just started having this problem (everything tastes bad aka Fruit Cake syndrome) as well.

I tried the suggestion "enabling testing cheats (testingcheats on) and try typing traits.remove_trait GourmetFruitcake", but it didn't work.

I've never used mods with Sims 4, but I'm certainly tempted.

This glitch has been going since June at least - I thought they would have gotten round to fixing it by now.

Message 26 of 129 (3,335 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Okay clicked me too on this one also. I have no mods in my game. I don't normally play neighborhoods, but just started and had the welcome wagon come to all sims in neighborhood on a rotation. I noticed after eating the fruitcake and being disgusted (unsure of the quality of the fruitcake) At least two sims I've gone back to play are now disgusted with any excellent food. 

I really am displeased with this bug as cooking and mastering it is one of the aspects of the game I find really enjoyable.

Message 27 of 129 (3,252 Views)

Same Weird Food Issue

★★★★ Novice

I've been reading the other posts and clicked "Me Too".  I've tried about every type of food with the exception of granola (which I'll try tonight) ...) but the only thing the Sim will not make that disgusted face with is drinking at the bar.  lol.  That he'll do and not complain!  Even the banquet bars of cheese and chocolate and the buffet table he hates. I am going to try the resetting option and see if that works.  Anyone found any answers that definitely work? 

Message 28 of 129 (3,186 Views)

Re: Same Weird Food Issue

Hero

Hi @simsgirl26

only solution is to wait until it's patched or someone makes a mod for it

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 129 (3,182 Views)

Re: Have problem about food.

★★★★ Novice

Yes, i it was the fruitcake apparently. I am going to have him harvest just berries and fruit, but I think he'll just go to "Bake" and make another fruitcake! I really hope EA fixes this bug.  (Or is it a bug?  Do they just want you suffering with this?) If anypne has found a fix, please post.  Reset doesn't work with it. 

Message 30 of 129 (3,164 Views)