[WORKAROUND] Sim grossed out while eating good food?

by LadyRenira

Original Post

Re: Sim grossed out while eating good food?

★★ Apprentice

I just wanted to add my, "me too!" to this.

I recently moved a new family into the neighborhood, and my main family showed up to welcome them with fruitcake. Everyone who ate the fruitcake now has the "ughh yuck" animation for food, even when they eat excellent food and get the high quality food buffs.

I've tried a few things (moving them out, moving them in, switching, clearing the cache, etc.) I don't want to go back to an earlier save, since it took me a while to notice and now some time has gone by :/

Thanks!

Message 11 of 129 (8,744 Views)

★★★ Novice

Gonna throw my two cents in as well, so hopefully this bug will get fixed!

This happened to me too, since having my sims eat fruitcake. DAMN THE FRUITCAKE UPDATE!!! lol

Message 12 of 129 (8,701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Me too, here is how I have documented the dreaded fruit cake incidents.

It is definitely the fruitcake.  After one of my Sims ate it she immediately started disliking all food everything after that tastes bad even her gourmet dinners. She now has the ability to "Complain about the fruitcake" although when this interaction is chosen, it simply disappears and she doesn't complain.  She is an Astronaut and continuously enthuses about space instead of enthusing about other things. Her charisma is maxed. She is also maxed in both cooking and gourmet cooking skills.  I think I'll try giving her a dose of remedy medicine and see if it helps.

So, I gave Raven medicine and my Sim got this message "Raven's liberal use of medication when she's not sick has caused some uncomfortable side-effects".
Perhaps not liking her food will eventually wear off.

Another Sim went on vacation and for some reason (she did not cook it) she had a fruitcake plate in her inventory.  She ate it while out camping in the forest and now has the ability to "Enthuse about the fruitcake".  She still loves her food at home.

Could this be a side-effect of the annoying neighbors that come to call when you buy a new home?  If it is, I'm laughing but not really lol.

Had Raven Heart bake another fruitcake with apples as the fruit and had the same effect.  The graphic shows its suppose to last 4 hrs so we'll see if it goes away after she sleeps and goes to work.

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah233/ravenshrt/fruitcake_zps4mqhpbqy.jpg

After 4hrs, she still hates her food, the food notification disappeared to no avail, and I have now decided that I hate fruitcake more than the Sims do.

EDIT:  Just adding that I do not use mods or custom content and have all expansion packs and stuff packs.  And after 4 days playing (real time) my Ravens Heart Sims4 character still hates her food.

EDIT:  July 25, 2015 - Raven Heart sim character continues to hate food at home, visiting, in venues, everywhere.  (Side note:  she has sworn off fruitcake for good but would love to love her own food and others again soon).  I'm being extremely careful to watch for fruitcake being given or taken from sims.  Today one of my other sims randomly gave a fruitcake to someone on the street without baking it.  Since the last update a lot of things seem very off, like no visitors at all unless called or invited and includes no visits from any friends or romantic relationships, other households "interest earnings notifications" displayed while playing other households, game suddenly lags and causes characters to not respond, sims forget they are in relationships with other sims and suddenly have relationships with sims they haven't encountered, unidentified plants are not being sorted into their own stack of plants in inventory they are hidden inside stacks of other already identified plants which I had to workaround that by going fishing and choosing 'fish with bait" which opened up the stacks so I could scroll through them.  There may be more things I've not noticed yet.  RavensHrt

EDIT: July 26, 2015 - Since today is my birthday I finally gave in and redid my entire game to get rid of Raven Heart not liking her food.  Still noticing lots of lag in the game which was not there prior to the update and haven't played enough to notice anything more going on.

Enjoy your vacation time @crinrict  !!!

Message 13 of 129 (8,687 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here also has this bug. And it was soon after eating fruitcake. It's annoying to see the sims eating good food and make grimacing.

Message 14 of 129 (8,559 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've been keeping an eye on my food-hater vs. food-lover sims, and it seems to all hinge on their reaction to the fruitcake.

All the sims that make disgusted faces while eating good or higher quality food have the "complain about fruitcake" option (even though it's been many, many sim days since they had the fruitcake), while the sims that react normally to high quality food all have the "enthuse about fruitcake" option. I don't know what influences whether a sim likes the fruitcake or not, though, as my main household had 2 adult sims each eat a piece off the same neighbor-gifted fruitcake, and the female was enthusiastic while the male hated it, which means that she's happy with all food and he always makes the yucky face/sounds. (it's too far along for me to want to start over, so I've just decided that Johnny Zest, formerly Zest Johnny, who married into my household and could complain about fruitcake all day long, is a strange man who makes yuck faces/sounds when he really like something -- he also makes semi-yuck sounds during woohoo sometimes and comes out with "spectacular woohooing" buiffs, so it's not too much of a stretch).

I guess the key to not having the all-food-yuck sim is not eating the fruitcake! (unless you have a save from right before).

Message 15 of 129 (8,497 Views)

Fruit Cake, Decorating bake goods, and Double French Toast.

★★★ Novice

If my sim eats fruit cake, then they will forever hate the taste of any food, regardless is it's perfect quality or not.

All the foods that have the decorating option can't be decorated right after they are set down by the sim, when I was able to before. They will act like there are no available counters. After I manually set the baked goods on a counter, the sim can then decorate it, but not unless I move it first.

At brunch time, there is always a double option to cook french toast.

I do have a small amount mods, but nothing that alters any of the food codes.

Message 16 of 129 (8,440 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Another bug that has not been corrected. Disappointed

Message 17 of 129 (8,460 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here, 5 people ate this damn fruit cake and they are disgusted when they eat, every time... quite annoying.

Message 18 of 129 (8,444 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Adding a "me too."

A few of my Sims have eaten the fruitcake and now they find every single thing they eat to be revolting. I thought it was a faster eating mod causing the issue but with mods removed this was still happening. I know fruitcake is bad but it isn't THAT bad! I'd love for this to be fixed ASAP. It's a more minor bug but it is very annoying.

Message 19 of 129 (8,434 Views)

Re: Fruit Cake, Decorating bake goods, and Double French Toast.

Hero

Hi @EshaPaul82, merged your thread for the fruit cake issue

Remove your mods to test the rest and make a new thread and check the compiled list for the rest. One thread per issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 129 (8,416 Views)