Re: [WORKAROUND] Sim grossed out while eating good food?

by crinrict

Original Post

EA Live QV Team

@MsPigglyPooh Do you still have the save where they were being grossed out by other foods? If you are happy to upload it we will investigate.  

Message 121 of 129 (1,570 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hey @IrishMadCat_EA,

I'm not anyone of the earlier posters, but I actually got this game brand new a few days ago and ran into this fruitcake bug. 

I do have saves.

For anyone else, I'd like to know if it's possible to cheat myself a Gourmet Fruitcake as I'm not remotely near that level cooking and I'd really prefer to get the animations normal as soon as possible (and not cheat the skill...).

That is to say; she only gets the animation that's grossed out, while at the same time getting a 'tasty food' moodlet. Sounds like not exactly the same problem, but related?

Message 122 of 129 (1,509 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @tigrina_tigs

You save would be great. Are you happy to upload it as per the instructions here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/60653...

Message 123 of 129 (1,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@tigrina_tigs

The only way I know of to fix this bug is to cook a Gourmet Fruitcake and make your Sim eat it (all). You could cheat the skills: first testingcheats true than stats.set_skill_level Major_GourmetCooking 10 - and let your Sims cook a Gourmet Fruitcake and once he is cured you can use the cheat again, but this time change the number 10 to a lower number like 2. That way you wont feel too bad cheating Wink

Message 124 of 129 (1,482 Views)

★ Guide

Hello again @IrishMadCat_EA,

I am fairly certain I have made save games by hand, and I am 100% certain I copied all my save game to a new folder after posting this last night to keep them save, before starting a new game.

However, today I found out I have no saves of my actual game progression. I have about 10 saves (with their respective recovery files) that are pre-household made, and that's it. I checked them all for obvious reasons.

Right now I'm way more unhappy with my lack of saves than I am with animations that aren't right, as you can probably imagine.

Sorry for making you happy with a dead mouse tho.

Message 125 of 129 (1,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@tigrina_tigs

Did you start a complete new Sims 4 Folder and did you re-import your backups/saves to your new game Folder? C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Electronic Arts\Die Sims 4 ?

Maybe a bit further explanation of what you actually did would help.

Here is a link from crinrict's help blog how to backup your files and re-import to a new game without losing game progress.

How to backup your Sims 4 game

Message 126 of 129 (1,453 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @tigrina_tigs

I hope you find your saves so you can play. That's the most important thing.

Message 127 of 129 (1,433 Views)

★ Guide

Ah, apologies, I didn't look for replies earlier as I didn't think I could be helpful.

@LuvMySimz I copied (not moved) my '/saves'  folder to elsewhere, nothing else. That was to make sure I wouldn't accidentally overwrite a save game that I wanted to send.

I still have the save games I made with the lots I've build, and the Sims I've made are in my library.

I just do not have a save game after I started to actually play (except for her very first game save). This is weird as I am like 98% sure I've saved that specific game at the time when I visited the forums.

Does that make more sense? 

I've started a new game with different Sims, but they didn't get the fruit cake. I also installed a mod that creates automatic save games for me, as I really don't wish to lose progress like that again!

(I really miss just having a 'base game save' with no active families for building only, and a more transparent version of 'recovery files', as I can't find a thing now Frown )

Message 128 of 129 (1,414 Views)

Hero

Going to lock this

Please use this thread instead: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Eating-fruitcake-reaction-gets-stuck-for-all-foods/m-p/6513232...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 129 of 129 (1,330 Views)