Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sim doesn't get high starting funds with Story Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Update 12/12/2019
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Going into CAS filling out the story mode chose sell it when the question about Collectible comes up and getting high starting funds then click spring when causing a season
What happens when the bug occurs? I only have 20,000 instead of the 30,000 starting fee I get with high funds story mode reward
What do you expect to see? My sim having 30,000 so she can get a better home starting out
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch update on 12/12/19

I didn’t get a chance to get pictures 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 12 (26,206 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] Sim doesn't get high starting funds with Story Mode

Hero

Sims made through CAS Stories with Starting Funds 'High' should now get 30k Simoelons instead of the standard 20k for their household fund.

Fixed in Patch 1.95.207/1.69

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (3,514 Views)

All Replies

Re: CAS story mode

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Ambi21996 Did you just get one Sim in the household ?

I tested this twice and once I got 30000 and once 20000. The only difference was that I made the second one Sim as second Sim and not first and then deleted the other Sim.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (26,145 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was one sim and can you explain again how you got the 30000 one more time please 

Message 3 of 12 (26,096 Views)

Hero
@Ambi21996 I created a Sim normally (without story mode), then added one via story mode that had high starting funds and then deleted the first one I created.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (26,089 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for the help it worked the way you did it

Message 5 of 12 (26,066 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict with that annoying of a work around might as well just cheat the funds to what it's supposed to be. Would much rather it just worked in the first place :-/
Message 6 of 12 (23,670 Views)

★ Guide

Agreed, For Cheating being "Somewhat Expected Behavior" in the Sims (referenced the official material on this - but I don't have a link to the exact page) it almost seems better just to not mess around with story mode creation at all. I didn't like it to begin with; the whole concept of The Sims is you write your own story and are not locked into preset words/plots. I mean it's visual so I get it's a bit different, but even the tutorial calls it "A Story"....

Message 7 of 12 (23,662 Views)

Sims 4: Create a story bug?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. When I start a new game and do the Create A Story there is a money bug. When my sims story is loaded for example:
Doctor career 
Wellness skill
Handiness skill
High money

I decide to take the sim, because it says high money. ( I try to play the game without money cheats sometimes) I dress them up and hit the play button. I then see they only have 20,000$. This has happened to me the last two times I've played. I just decided no use to make a new sim and just move them in an empty lot and build a house and end up using the money cheat, haha. 

Has this happened to anyone else? I don't have CC on and this happened before the recent update. Could this just be my game? I tried searching for other people if they had these issues and i have only seen post about Create A Story from July 2019. I dont usually post, but im just curious if anyone else has this issue Standard smile 

Thank you and have a great day!

Edit: Moved your post to the Sims 4 forum - CM.

Message 8 of 12 (21,497 Views)

Re: Sims 4: Create a story bug?

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Jillypooh06 - I merged your post into the master thread on this issue. Please see the accepted solution for a workaround.

Message 9 of 12 (21,446 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Sim doesn't get high starting funds with Story Mode

★ Apprentice

This still isn't fixed?! Frown Frown Frown

Message 10 of 12 (13,205 Views)