Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Sim can't tend bar

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to a bar 2. Make sure there's already a bartender at the bar 3. Choose tend bar with your own Sim 4. You will get a route-fail
What happens when the bug occurs? Originally, the bartender would give up his space in favor of your own Sim. Now the bar is occupied, hence the interaction fails.
What do you expect to see? Bartender to give up his space again so my Sim can tend the bar
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Unsure when this started happening

My sim can't tend bar at any of the public venues.  He just stands there and waves his hand as though the path to the bar is blocked.

Message 1 of 25 (11,078 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sim can't tend bar

[ Edited ]
Hero

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

You can try engage them in a conversation or change to build mode and move the bar a bit. That will free up the bar. Then you'll just have to be fast enough

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 25 (11,485 Views)

All Replies

Re: My sim can't tend bar

★★★★★ Guide

I like to add this goes for the DJ booth also..they just totally ignore your sim.. i have to turn them into a Sim popsicle with the ray gun 

Message 2 of 25 (10,951 Views)

Hero

@NorthernRebel wrote:

My sim can't tend bar at any of the public venues.  He just stands there and waves his hand as though the path to the bar is blocked.

While the bar is empty or while an NPC is tending it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 25 (10,940 Views)

Hero

I tested this and can replicate.

Adding on the next round

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (10,924 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 25 (10,883 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It happens when an NPC is tending.  If the bar is empty it's fine, however, the only place you can find empty bars seems to be at the restaurants.  The problem there is no-one ever orders drinks at the restaurants.

Message 6 of 25 (10,866 Views)

Hero

It used to work that they go away when you want to tend the bar so something is definitely broken here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 25 (10,854 Views)

★★ Guide
I'm having the same issue.
Message 8 of 25 (10,708 Views)

★ Novice

Me too, apparently this still hasn't been fixed!!

Message 9 of 25 (10,580 Views)

★ Novice

It's ridiculous that this has been an issue for so long. I literally had cancer, went through chemo, had 6 surgeries, didn't play Sims for a year, and.....still an issue. Get it together, EA.

Message 10 of 25 (10,550 Views)