Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Schedule for part-time job broken for pre-patch game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. The bug may only apply to specific households with part-time jobs existing before the patch. In my case it's a household with 2 teenagers (1 vampire, 1 ghost), no adults in Forgotten Hollow. In another household (1 teen, 1 adult) the bug doesn't occur. Workaround is to find a new job and then change the job back. However, the work progress (for the current level) is reset in this case.
What happens when the bug occurs? Part-time job schedule doesn't show the working times, instead it displays "free day" (see screensshot). However, the sims go to work as intented.
What do you expect to see? Working part-time job schedule.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. PATCH 1.52.100.1020 - 18.06.19, specifically: "Part-Time Jobs Update: And last but not least (you still with me?) all existing Part-Time Jobs are no longer just for Teens. That’s right, now elders could work as Fast Food Employees. Young Adults could be Babysitters if they want. Why not? The Part-Time world is your oyster. Oh oh oh -- and one last thing on that note: You can now have two Part-Time Jobs at once and pick between shifts. Wowee."

Schedule for part-time job occasionally broken after last patch (See details above & screenshots).

Also... part-time is translated to "Partytime" in German? :-) See last screenshot.

And it doesn't seem possible for teens to select shifts or a second part-time job. But I suspect this is by design?

Message 1 of 12 (4,506 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Schedule for part-time job occasionally broken after last patch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

As stated above: Workaround is to find a new job and then change the job back. However, the work progress (for the current level) is reset in this case.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (4,463 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

As stated above: Workaround is to find a new job and then change the job back. However, the work progress (for the current level) is reset in this case.

Message 2 of 12 (4,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SimplyAnjuta Could you report the translation error here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Die-Sims-4/SAMMLUNG-Fehlerhafte-Ubersetzungen-und-Textfehler/m-p/6381026 ...  

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (4,438 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I was able to replicate this with a teen who had a part-time job prior to the June 18 patch (General Laborer, same as op). Still trying to track down a save that has a teen in a different job, in case it's job-specific. It does not seem to be related to species or household members. The household I used has 2 adults, 1 young adult, 2 teens (1 teen with part-time job and 1 teen with no job), 1 child and 1 toddler.

This job has a schedule of 7 am - noon on Sat and Sun. After coming home from work on Sat, job schedule shows "Day Off" and no scheduled work days: 

Spoiler
Teen Job no schedule.png

Next morning, schedule still shows as "Day Off", but notification of work in one hour appears. Sim correctly queues to "Go to Work" (although I had to cancel sleep, sim didn't get out of bed to go). While at work, the job panel still shows that it's a day off, but performance bar is moving and sim is correctly at work. 

Spoiler

Teen job work in 1 hour.pngTeen job at work-day off.png

Workaround to quit job and rejoin did correct the issue. In my teen's case, it did not reset her job performance level, but maybe that had something to do with length of time in job / still an A student? I even tried quitting the job, then joining a different career, then quitting that one and going back to the Laborer job and it still stayed at Level 3. 

Spoiler
Teen job rejoin at same level.png

I was also unable to have 2 Part-Time jobs at once or pick between shifts.

Message 4 of 12 (4,395 Views)

Champion

Not being able to have two part time jobs and choose shifts seems normal to me as a restriction for teens, as the job must always fit around school. Has anyone tested if they can have a part time job and their second thing be drama club or scouts at the same time?

The thing that definitely looks like a bug is the shift time and day info disappearing after they do a shift. But at least it seems only visual and they still automatically go to work.

Message 5 of 12 (4,382 Views)

★★★ Guide
@BlackjackWidow Thank you for testing! What I meant to say for the workaround: You keep the level, but the current progress on that level is lost. For example, if you were level 2, close to getting promoted, you restart level 2 with the progress bar in the middle. So better wait for the promotion before doing the workaround :-)
Message 6 of 12 (4,350 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@SimplyAnjuta Oh, I understand now, that makes perfect sense. I didn't even think of that. My sim had just average progress when she quit, so there was no change for her.
Message 7 of 12 (4,336 Views)

Hero
Added and marked Workaround as solved for visibility

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (4,290 Views)

Re: CAS Story Career - No working days

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have this with a teen who's in the barista career.  I can never see the days/hours of work; they're greyed out & above them it says 'Day Off!'  I didn't report it because I'm playing with MCCC & some LittleMsSam mods, & haven't taken them out to see if the problem's still there when the mods are out.   I'm adding a me-too, though, since the OP is seeing this without ever having used mods.

Kid will autonomously go to work, & I can also hit the 'go to work' button & it functions properly.  Just can't see the hours/days of work; have to go to an online guide for that.

eta:  I have everything except IL.  I'm not sure when the problem cropped up, as I rotate fairly frequently, but I have a feeling it happened after the June 18th patch.  I haven't opened the game for a couple days & so haven't updated to the latest patch.  Also--this is a born-in-game sim that I've had for some time, & I could previously see the hours of employment.  I don't think the issue stems from the new CAS Story Career.

Message 9 of 12 (4,110 Views)

Re: CAS Story Career - No working days

Hero
@Tiarella4 Sounds like this issue for you. Moved your post over. I'm not sure if the other is related but as it happens for the CAS thing on a new save, I'm keeping the rest seperate

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (4,089 Views)