Re: Extreme Sports Enthusiast Peak Pioneer Level 8

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [SE] Extreme Sports Aspiration won't complete if skills already maxed out

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MetaSuperficial There's already a thread for the public enemy here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Public-Enemy-Aspiration-no-registering-level-4-of/...

( I knew there were others and it's probably not the only one but it's a bit hard to search for if it's unclear what else is affected)

EA like to track separate issues separate. As they usually don't fix all in one go even if they're both in fact the same error just for different instances, it's better to keep a thread for each aspiration (in this case). So if you find more, just create a new thread for other aspirations.

Also for workarounds it's common to mark them as solution for visibility. Doesn't mean the bug is fixed. (Fixed tag means it's fixed). It also helps others find the workaround provided and give XP to the person that found it. It's great that you added it to the first post and gave credits but I still wanted to explain why it's handled that way. Solution is unfortunately the only option to high light a post at AHQ.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 30 (626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict, thanks for the info. Standard smile I appreciate it!

Since I'm new here, it's good to know how and why things are managed a certain way.

I'm still working on checking for other career level bugs, and will report separately if I find more.

Are there any lists somewhere for bugs of the same type?

If not... what if we make one?  (not under "bug reports" of-course, to minimize mess and confusion)

And if we add a note to each original bug report with a link to the list, it's an easier way down the rabbit hole.

I mean, programmers can't apply "copy-paste" solutions, if they aren't aware there's more than one, right?

I'm sure they're doing their best to keep it organized, but it's easy to miss stuff when you have lots of data to ingest. (I know I certainly would)

Message 22 of 30 (608 Views)

Hero
@MetaSuperficial The would be in the compiled list under aspirations: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/3445209#Aspi6 but that's all aspiration bugs, not just that particular issue.

Also not all issues are listed as the list got to long, so issues need a certain me too count now to appear on the list.

As I don't want to further derail this thread, feel free to post in this thread if you have further suggestions/question about the organization of the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Information-Questions-about-the-bug-forum/td-p/636...

There's also some additional info here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/jump-to/firs...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 30 (598 Views)

Extreme Sports Enthusiast Peak Pioneer Level 8

★ Novice

I’m working on achieving all my goals for the Peak Pioneer part of the Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration. One of them is “Achieve Level 8 Skiing, Snowboarding, or Rock Climbing Skill”. I already had level 10 in each of these skills, but the goal isn’t completed. Any tips to make it happen?

Message 24 of 30 (573 Views)

Hero
@AlexQuinn730 Did you have them at level 10 before you picked the aspiration ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 30 (563 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@AlexQuinn730Did you have them at level 10 before you picked the aspiration ?

Yes! I figured it would automatically complete the goal, but it didn’t. 

Message 26 of 30 (557 Views)

Hero
@AlexQuinn730 Merging your post with the bug report then.

Try the workaround given on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 30 (551 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Got the same issue. Just wonder if it will gonna be fixed as I have maxed out all available skills...

Message 28 of 30 (345 Views)

Hero
@44022c9f9375e219ae638286257682f8 The easiest is to cheat down the skill and then cheat it back up.

It's not technically cheating, it's just fixing a bug :D

(I'm aware this is not good for console players working on achievements)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 30 (330 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [SE] Extreme Sports won't complete if skills already maxed out

★ Guide

They really should update/fix this aspiration a bit, cause it's pretty great, but there's a few "bugs" in it that make it not funciton as intended I think. First there's the level 8 not registering if already achieved which has been mentioned. I also think maybe if they switch the "survive 3 attacks unscathed" and "reach the summit of mt komorebi" that would help things flow a bit better, as you'd be less likely the get to that level 8 before reaching the last milestone (reaching the summit seems more like a "final achievement" type stask anyway). And then for the expert slope thing, I just had that not work for me, but then I tried on the LUDICROUS slope, and it registered as complete, so maybe they should just change the wording to make it be the ludicrous slope? (I'd also tried rock climbing during the same thundersnow and that didn't work at all, so that bug also needs to be fixed, or they could just delete it from the task, idk.) 

Message 30 of 30 (276 Views)